cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know about Weingaard ??? Is it a boost for internet 🛜 or is it streaming /tv?? I’m conf

Vickiebee3
Explorer II
Explorer II

We are just beginning to take a trip East in September. We’re two retirees looking for a good time  It’s our first long Roadtrip!

But we don’t want to be without some tv time at night or just FaceTime our families and friends along the way! So please , if you know anything about Weingaard services… let me know asap! Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

I don't understand why people come here, create an account, look for advice in a well-articulated post and then never return. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II

You need to clarify what you are looking for. Weingrad is a manufacturer of rv antennas. It will receive tv signals from publicly transmitted over the airwave tv signals.
FaceTime is an over the internet app. So you need an internet connection. Typically for reliable, dependable internet service in an RV you will need a satellite dish on your RV and a subscription to a satellite internet provider. Not something weingard does. With a satellite subscription you may also be able to receive internet TV, depending. 

WSBeersman
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Vickie, Ward will connect to the Internet in the campground that you are using. It will not work on its own. However, it will also connect to your phone or whatever device that you have through your current ISP. I have tried to use it by itself and it does not work because we don’t have a subscription but if you hook up to the campground Wi-Fi, then it will work. However, I have discovered it doesn’t work great at least not where we started out. We’re getting ready to take a trip to the north east for the fall and I wish we would’ve had the camper when we decided to go so we wouldn’t have to use a plane ticket and rent a car.  And we could bring our dogs that’s how it is. We’re going to California next year for a month and we will take the camper with us then. Let me know if you need more help 

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@Vickiebee3 wrote:

We are just beginning to take a trip East in September. We’re two retirees looking for a good time  It’s our first long Roadtrip!

But we don’t want to be without some tv time at night or just FaceTime our families and friends along the way! So please , if you know anything about Weingaard services… let me know asap! Thank you! 

If you are talking about "Winegard", they make excellent equipment for boosting television signals.Over the air tv is free. They have nothing to do with Internet as far as I know.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29