cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any info on this story re missing couple.

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Just relaying this post from a Brazil RV forum I belong to in case anybody knows anything about it. It is a Google Translation from Portugese so might be a bit odd in places.

Hello, Friends,
I have just learned of the disappearance of a couple of friends who live in Bethlehem, PA, who were traveling from MH by Mexico and suffered a robbery.
Who can help, can send information to the address below or to me, or even tocacontato @ ...
I am traveling in Bahia and today in Lençóis - Chapada Diamantina.
Relay this information to reach the Foreign Ministry, as this happened very recently.
Hugs.
Tables gibe

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: June 28, 2014 07:00
Subject: Disappearance Couple
For: Gilberto Tables < gquadrosvitoria @ ... >

Friend;
Giba
A couple of Pará (André Braz Kaveira and Elida) well known
in Bethlehem, where they live, found on trip
Ride aboard a motorhome suffered when an assault
near Nuevo Laredo city in the state of Tamaulipas in Mexico,
considered a very dangerous area, because of the activities of drug traffickers
and there are missing since Monday 23/06.
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map
4 REPLIES 4

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect their activities (preparing a report on drug trafficking) would make them a target, which is probably why people panicked when no word was heard.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I wonder what date the incident occurred. Funny isn't it? Brazilians goes unnoticed and under the media wire in this case. It would be interesting to hear more details.

Yep, Belen, Belem, Bethlehem, exist all over the world. Like Monterrey, there are four in Mexico alone, several Mazatlan also.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I've passed that info on. Sounds like a typical case of travellers not being as conscientious about keeping in touch as those left behind would like.

============

Actually, on reading that link, I would say they both need a good swift kick in the pants for just goofing off and not letting people know they were OK.
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
:h

"A couple who live in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania"??? According to this link, the missing folks are both Brazilians, she an actress and he a former Councilman of some sort.

These pages always lose something in the translation, but this one goes on to say:
Proceso wrote:
The actress and former councilmen traveled from Brazil to the southern United States to prepare a report on human trafficking and drug trafficking. They then crossed into Mexico by the city of Nuevo Laredo.

The press also reported that the couple was warned by the Brazilian Embassy in Mexico not to travel through the northern border and return to San Antonio to take a flight to Brazil.

Late Edit:

Never mind! They've been found, safe and sound in Nicaragua. Link to the latest
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien