cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bar Harbor Me to Alabama

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking for routes to travel from Bar Harbor Me to Alabama. I am thinking I95 to I295 back to I95 to I495 to I84 to I84, does anyone know a better route?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
2 REPLIES 2

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
CloudDriver wrote:
If you are OK with using 2-lane roads, our preferred route to and from Bar Harbor is route 1 south from Ellsworth to I295 which joins I95 just past Portland. Route 1 goes through a number of scenic small towns and is a slower but shorter route than I95. You didn't mention it, but I495 joins I90 (the Mass Turnpike) for a number of miles before I84 starts at Sturbridge. I84 ends at I81 at Scranton, PA, but I81 heads south from there. Your route looks good to me.

Thank for the input, I prefer 2 lane roads over interstates...
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
If you are OK with using 2-lane roads, our preferred route to and from Bar Harbor is route 1 south from Ellsworth to I295 which joins I95 just past Portland. Route 1 goes through a number of scenic small towns and is a slower but shorter route than I95. You didn't mention it, but I495 joins I90 (the Mass Turnpike) for a number of miles before I84 starts at Sturbridge. I84 ends at I81 at Scranton, PA, but I81 heads south from there. Your route looks good to me.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚