Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Beware of the 2017 Trek of the Americas - Adventuretrek

Hi all,I am posting this as a warning and to hopefully save some others from making the same mistake we made.This outfit is advertising for a July 2017 departure. Buyer Beware!My wife and I traveled in our truck and camper on the Trek of the America...

BE by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Roads I love

Guess where?Guess where then Post yours,Would love to see some of your Favorite Drives.Just a little game for those who love to drive.Let the Games begin,

LA I-15 south from the 210

What's the road conditions on I-15 south from the 210 thru Temecula to San Diego? I'll be going thru mid day to early afternoon on weekday. Is the 5 an option?

ezgoin by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Sirius radio in Alaska

I did a search and didn't find any information on Sirius Radio working in Alaska. My free subscription is ending this summer(while we're in Alaska) and I'm not certain if it's worth it to keep the service.Thanks

Glacier Nat Park of Canada, bears, and group hiking

There are some great trails in GNP of Canada -- but the website says that you need to hike in groups of four or more because of the bears. So my question is this -- is it hard to find other folks to hike with? I am concerned that we are slower than...

City Of Rocks SP: Routes 152 & 61?

From ABQ to City of Rocks SP, in a 25 foot Class C, is there any reason not to use routes 152 & 61? 152 is a small squiggly line on the atlas, so I thought I'd better ask.Or should we just go down to Deming and then back up to the SP?

Austin Texas by pass

I am trying to figure out how much it would cost to by pass Austin using route 130 which is a tollway. When I look at the vehicle pictures they use to describe the pricing I don't know which one represents a motorhome with a toad. Has anyone taken...

Skline01 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

WY, UT, AZ - Teton to Grand Canyon scenic route advice

We are planning a 2-3 month trip from the east coast to the west, then back. We have two weeks planned to travel from Teton down to the Grand Canyon, and would like to see Zion, Arches, Monument Valley, and??, along the way. I’m looking for some advi...

US to Canadian dollars

DW and I will be going to Canada in August. We will be entering at International Falls going to Winnipeg and on to Saskatchewan. We plan to use of charge card as much as possible but already know a couple of campground that require cash. All were i...

junmy3 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Route Rodeo, NM to West Yellowstone, MT

Leaving Rodeo, NM on 5/16 for West Yellowstone, MT. Pulling a 41' 5th Wheel with a 1 ton Chevy Silverado diesel dually. I am allowing 4 days for the trip. Here is my proposed route: NM-80N to I-10W to US-191N to US-70W to Globe, AZ. Then AZ-77N/6...

San Diego to Duluth - scenic routes?

This summer we plan to tow our 30' 5th-wheel from San Diego to near Duluth, Minn. I'm asking for suggestions as to scenic routes to take.(Note: I much prefer to stay off the interstates and avoid cities.) Also, I would stop in Yellowstone and the Tet...

GlennB by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Lake Superior Grand Circle Tour

We are planning a Lake Superior Circle Tour in late September-early October. I'm really struggling trying to make reservations at some provincial parks. I can only assume that they turn off the electricity on Sept. 4th. We have a generator but rea...