cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best route: Richmond, VA to Greenbelt, MD?

LewBob
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be towing our 24-foot trailer, probably leaving the Richmond area mid-morning en route to Greenbelt Park. I've never driven in this area before. Suggestions very much appreciated.

Lew

2015 Casita Freedom Deluxe
2012 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." --Bob Seger (Against the Wind)
5 REPLIES 5

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
LewBob wrote:
It appears that there's work being done on the Harry Nice Bridge on Route 301 with alternating one-way traffic during off-peak hours. Would that be a significant consideration in route selection?

Bob you will be fine just come on up 95 - not really any different than driving through Denver at the same time.

Enjoy DC.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

LewBob
Explorer
Explorer
It appears that there's work being done on the Harry Nice Bridge on Route 301 with alternating one-way traffic during off-peak hours. Would that be a significant consideration in route selection?

Lew

2015 Casita Freedom Deluxe
2012 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." --Bob Seger (Against the Wind)

navybanker
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Route 301. We have made that trip twice pulling our fifth wheel to Ft. Meade FamCamp.
2017 Montana 3611 RL
2012 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

I have made this trip several times since early September.... IF you plan on leaving Richmond around 8:00 to 8:30 Am . . you will hit DC just after the morning traffic woes... I just came up last Friday and made it from exit 89 on 95 in VA to the draw bridge ( MD line) in about 1-1/2 hrs... NOT TOWING...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

TheGreatWaz00
Explorer
Explorer
If you are OK with traffic, Rt 95 north is the way, BUT and I caution you , DC has bad traffic. Do not come up 95 in the AM and you need to be through the area by 3:00 PM or you will hit traffic.

If you like the back road approach take 95 out of Richmond to Rt 301 North. You have a little traffic in Waldorf, but not bad. We are in Annapolis and take that route to avoid 95.
Waz's from Maryland
Rockwood Roo 23ss
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie