cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best route to Yellowstone from 94

jones4110
Explorer
Explorer
Can you offer best route for a gasser class A into Yellowstone. Thinking about 89
Joan and Bruce
05 Excursion 39L
powered by 350 KittyCATS on a Spartan
2010 Traverse LT toad (Blue Ox & Breakbuddy)
...and a "road dog" named Max and his gabby sister, Abby.
"May the wind be always at your back and your destination the one you chose"
8 REPLIES 8

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
SNOPRO711X wrote:
... US 14 from Cody to the East entrance has numerous switch backs near the park and some elevation change but it will be easily doable in your rig....

The tightest curve that I can find on US14//16/20 (on Google Maps) is in the park. It's a bit less than a 180 turn, but the radius is about 200'. Many freeway cloverleaf ramps are tighter than that.

US89 the north entrance has tighter curves in Gardner and Mammoth. One's a right angle street junction!

jones4110
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all responses. Our friends are in route and I will forward all of your comments
Joan and Bruce
05 Excursion 39L
powered by 350 KittyCATS on a Spartan
2010 Traverse LT toad (Blue Ox & Breakbuddy)
...and a "road dog" named Max and his gabby sister, Abby.
"May the wind be always at your back and your destination the one you chose"

SNOPRO711X
Explorer
Explorer
I have made the trip from MN on I-94/I-90 many times. If I am headed to the Fishing Bridge area I will head South at Laurel MT and head to Cody WY via MT 72 going thru Belfry MT. West at Cody via US 14 into the East entrance. The road to Cody is mostly flat. US 14 from Cody to the East entrance has numerous switch backs near the park and some elevation change but it will be easily doable in your rig.

Turning South on US 89 at Livingston MT will get you to the North entrance at Gardnier. This route is mostly flat as far as Gardnier.

Turning South on US 191 at Bozeman will get you to the West entrance at West Yellowstone MT. This is a very scenic drive but may have a short stretch of construction.

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends on where you are going to stay.
I-94 west to I-90.
US 89 south if staying at Fishing Bridge area.
US 191 maybe quicker if staying in West Yellowstone area. A little longer but easier road.

x2
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Depends on where you are going to stay.
I-94 west to I-90.
US 89 south if staying at Fishing Bridge area.
US 191 maybe quicker if staying in West Yellowstone area. A little longer but easier road.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
89 would be the QUICKEST way into the park but depending on where you're staying while there it may not be the quickest way to your campground. Traffic along the western part of the park loop can be slow and tedious this time of year. Not as bad on the Eastern loop but it's still a long drive to many of the attractions and camping areas and often includes Mt Washburn (beautiful drive but again, kind of slow).
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

jones4110
Explorer
Explorer
94 from the east
Joan and Bruce
05 Excursion 39L