cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boise, ID to Mackey, ID

Livingthedream1
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of taking hwy 84 south from Boise, ID to hwy 20 east past Craters of the Moon national park and then north on hwy 93 to Mackey, ID. We have a 37 ft Gas MH with toad. Is this a pretty easy drive or are there some steep grades? From the map it looks ok, but wondering if anyone has traveled this route and what they think.

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4

dakdave
Explorer
Explorer
traveled from mountian east on 20 last spring.very nice drive with motorhome.
took it as shortcut to i15 so dont know about rest of your route

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
The route you indicate will have two grades. One just past Mountain home about 26 miles from Fairfield. It is a short 6% climb. The second is just before the Craters of the Moon NM. Another short 6% grade. You can miss the first grade if you stay on I84 to Bliss then take US 26 to US 20 at Cary then on to Craters of the Moon NM.
I have not been on the road from Mountain Home to Cary in a long time. I have traveled the road from Bliss to Arco many times recently. The road is a very good two lane highway with light traffic most of the time.

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
US20 stays on the Snake River plain. US93 is in a broad valley, and doesn't cross a significant pass until the state border.

Most maps show National Forests in a different color. In this part of the country those in the mountains. Here they are all north of US20.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking on mapquest that is the only route unless you want to go around through Missoula.