cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calif San Antonio New Orleans Nashville Benson Okla City

rvgrammady
Explorer
Explorer
I was planning a trip from Calif. on I-10 numbers indicate # nights. From Calif everything was one night stop until.. San Antonio-3 Corpus Christi-3 Houston/Galvaston-3 Lafayette-2 New Orleans-4 Natchez Trace (Natchez & Tupelo 1 nt ea.) Nahsville-3 Memphis-3 Little Rock-1
Branson-3 then to a Convention in Okla. City-9 Laughlin-3 Calif..

I had thought to go to Alamogordo-2 and Roswell-1 total 3 nites but am getting a not
so much to do or see there sort of drive thru. So was thinking
I might be better off to not go out of my way 150 miles and 3 nights and put them to better use elsewhere.

So what about a night in Tombstone? never been there, was planning a one nite stop in Benson then one night in Deming. So change Benson to 2 nites.

Also, someone suggested not going that way to San Antonio but go I-40 either Albq down I-25 to El Paso I-10 or go on to Amarillo and then down
to San Antonio. All the mileage is about the same give or take
1-200 miles.

I will be coming back from Okla City on I-40 and doing site seeing
along that route.. meteor, painted desert, petrified forest etc. been to grand canyon already.

So suggestion on route if bypassing Roswell & Almagordo (3 nites) some places to see, stay and best routes please.
Heard such bad things about oil workers taking up all the RV sites
along I-10 in Texas? Any info?

I know this is a ways off.. Traveling Late August thru October 2015
I have to be in Okla City On Oct. 16th for 9 days.

I've never planned a big long trip like this before and want to drive about 250 miles per day give or take.

I have MS Streets & Trips it's a very old version and doesn't have very many POI's.

Tks
Gramma Dy
Northern Calif.
1997 Allegro Bay 35' Chevy
1998 Saturn SW2 Wagon, Automatic
Blue Ox Aventa II, Patriot Brake

"We'll be friends until I'm old and senile, then we'll be new friends."
1 REPLY 1

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
We just came from New Orleans to Tucson on I-10. We stayed in Slidell LA to visit NOLA, Houston, San Antonio, Fort Stockton TX, Las Cruces NM. The roads were in great shape. We had no issues with heavy traffic, but we made sure we avoided the metro areas during rush hour.

By all means, I'd spend a day at Tombstone. In fact, I'd recommend Tombstone Territories RV Park.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)