cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Columbia, MO to Biloxi, MS

JohnEM38
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to make reservations at Buccaneer State Park for next March Spring Break.

Will be taking I-55 to Jackson MS, then Hwy 49 down towards Biloxi.

Will be needing a place to stop for at least one night on the way down and back, so is there anything that I would regret not stopping at. You know, something the locals know about that would be great for Wife and 14 year old Daughter.
Kristin & John
2012 F-350SD SRW CC SB 6.2 4:30 11,300 GVWR "Brown Sugar"
2021 F-350SD SRW CC SB 7.3 4:30 (on order)
2018 Grand Design Reflection 26RL "Tailwagger"
4400 SuperGlide
doublegstravels.blogspot.com
6 REPLIES 6

jmaotto
Explorer
Explorer
I vote for Tom Sawyer.

JohnEM38
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for responding.
Kristin & John
2012 F-350SD SRW CC SB 6.2 4:30 11,300 GVWR "Brown Sugar"
2021 F-350SD SRW CC SB 7.3 4:30 (on order)
2018 Grand Design Reflection 26RL "Tailwagger"
4400 SuperGlide
doublegstravels.blogspot.com

Mushroom
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with Two Med...Tom Sawyer would be just right for an on the way stop.
1994 Vectra DP
230 Cummins / MD3060 Allison Trans
Banks Stinger / Improved Injectors
US Gear Exhaust Brake
Towing 2007 Jeep Liberty / Unified Tow Brake

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is exactly the route we take when we come down to the gulf coast. We stay at the Corp of Engineer Park at Enid Lake - Wallace Creek Campground or Persimmon Hill Campground about 1 hr south of Memphis. Not much to do unless you like to go boating, fishing, hiking or enjoy the beauty of the water views. 12 miles into MS there is a welcome center with a lot of tourist info for things to see and do all along the way.

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
We always try to stop at Tom Sawyer's CG in West Memphis. If you reserve ahead you should get a riverfront spot, but they are all good. Watch the tow boats up and down. Across the bridge for BBQ...Interstate, Corkey's, and Rendezous for the history just to say you went there.
Happy Trails 🙂
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Trace State Park, west of Tupelo, MS. If you have time, consider crossing on 412 at Dyersburg, then US45 from Jackson, Tenn the rest of the way. Lots to see and do, mostly good 4lane roads. 55-65 speed limits.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.