cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construction threw Nashville

lock65
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Florida on Friday. Planning to use the I 65 route to Alabama,just to try a different route. Google does not show much construction on our route from Toronto to Florida. Has anyone taken this route recently that could give me a heads up of any major work going on . thanks
John & Sofia .Barrie ONT
2005 dodge 3500 4dr drw 4x4
2011 stoneridge 38cf
7 REPLIES 7

kyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
We went threw Nashville 01/31 and back on 02/08 on I-65 with no delays or problems at all. That was on Saturday and then on Sunday, so it may not be typical. Most of the construction was about 20 miles south of Nashville.
Janet & Ralph
2008 Winnebago Aspect 26A
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is also construction south of Franklin TN where they are widening the road and putting in a new bridge.
If you want to avoid Nashville, get off I-65 at exit 53, Cave City KY. Take 90 to Glasgow, KY. Then take 31E/231 to Lebanon, TN. Get on I-40 for about three miles to 840 and then get back on I-40 south of Franklin.
I live in Murfreesboro, TN and take this route frequently to head north on I-65 to avoid Nashville traffic. Good two lane roads most of the way and a nice scenic drive both on two lane and last 20 miles of 840
Dr Quick

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
Now I know where those bad boys from high school days are! haha
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. 🙂

Tiger02
Explorer
Explorer
The construction in Nashville is at the I-24 merge into I-65, which doesn't affect I-65 too much. Just avoid rush hour and stay on I-65 as it loops around the west edge of Nashville.
2006 Keystone Outback Sydney 30 FRKS

1997 Ford F350 Auto, 4.10LS Axle, 160,000 Miles, Crew Cab with DRW.

US Army 1984-2016.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
:B
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

2-MTnesters
Explorer
Explorer
kaydeejay wrote:
lock65 wrote:
OK, ya got me - where did the Construction throw it to?:B

:B
The Webers
Me- Tim
DW- Dea
Pooch- JoJo boxer/lab mix
2010 Keystone Montana 3400RL Hickory Edition "The Taj Mahaul II"
2004.5 GMC Siera 2500HD SLT CC 4x4,6.6 Duramax/Allison, 3:73 gears, Firestone air bags, Reese 16K slider, TFI 45 gal fuel tank, Rhino Liner

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
lock65 wrote:
OK, ya got me - where did the Construction throw it to?:B
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.