cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dentist Work In Nuevo Progresso, Parking Question?

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
The first of April I'll be headed to Weslaco and am planning to stay at the 1015 RV Park. I'm told the park is an easy 6 mile drive to the bridge. I'll walk over the bridge and one block to my dental appointment.

I travel in a Class C and do not pull a toad. I've been told there is a parking lot at the bridge where people leave their cars while in Mexico for the day.

Here's my question. Is it safe enough to leave Winnie with Baby Girl (my Catahoula) in it for the morning. My appointments are at 9 am and I don't see being over there more than 4 hours or so. My other choice is to get a cab and leave Baby Girl in Winnie at the RV Park.

I'm not committed to 1015 RV Park. It was a referral. I would certainly appreciate any input that would make it easier...and the site less expensive. All thoughts are appreciated. THANKS!
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas
1 REPLY 1

Turtle-Toad
Explorer
Explorer
There is a very large parking lot on this side of the border. It's a pay lot but the prices are reasonable. Make sure you have cash. Also make sure you have some change for the turnstile when you walk across. We used to walk across for lunch about 3-4 times a month. Can't give you exact prices because we haven't lived in Weslaco for about 3 years now.

Considering the temperatures in South Texas, leaving any living thing in your vehicle for 4 hours isn't a good idea. If it get's warm and the cops are called, they won't hesitate to break a window to get the pet out. You might want to see if someone in the RV park will babysit you're baby for a couple of hours. Although we don't have any of our own, we used to babysit furry babies once in a while for that very reason. Plus, the parking lot is a dirt field surrounded by farmland so the security can't be guaranteed; although I've never heard of anyone losing anything there.

Don't know that much about the 1015 park except that it's obviously named after the famed Texas 1015 sweet onions. You should pick up a sack, you'll be there just about the time the 1015 fair and harvest happens.
Turtle & Toad, On the Road
37' Georgetown XL w/3 slides, 1 1/2 bath, & 595 watts of solar power
06 Taco TRD (for "Off the Road")
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here
Only States/Provinces that I have spent at least a week in are shown