Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

El Paso: border restrictions possibly lifted late October

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Dateline: Sept 27th. The Border Report

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – The City of El Paso is preparing for an overnight surge in border crossings once the federal government lifts non-essential travel restrictions – something local officials say could happen in late October.

here-->
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou
13 REPLIES 13

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
Crazy guano that Canadians can't drive across the US border. It makes absolutely no sense.
I would help out if anyone was near me but Canada would not allow me in.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
I power washed the MH today and aired up the tires. It is still winterized . Still don't know if it will go back into storage or hit the road. Maybe a Margarita will help with the stress. Can't hurt.

Why don't you just pony up the money and pay a facilitator to get your MH across the USA border? What's another $2500?

Then you could enjoy that margarita on the beach in the sun for the next 6 months.

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh wrote:
I power washed the MH today and aired up the tires. It is still winterized . Still don't know if it will go back into storage or hit the road. Maybe a Margarita will help with the stress. Can't hurt.

....our rig is going into heated indoor storage Friday morning. Getting close to snow here in Quebec. We are very close to the 30sF at night now. Saturday? Just a hair above frost. Not too long before snow starts flying.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
chris3403 wrote:
There is no problem in crossing now at Weslaco, TX. I just went over this past weekend.

Last Feb went across at Progresso...no issues.

The rules at this point in time make no sense other than for political purposes.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer

Talleyho69
"Becoming stressful?" How about, "This stressful situation, that has gone on for over a year is getting worse by just teasing us and not giving us solid information???"

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
"Europe travel ban: International tourists press US for November date" https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5848058001

Although the above link does not seem to have anything to do with Mexico, it may be relevant. When Mexico announced that airline travel from many countries would be allowed they gave a vague date of early November. Now it could be November 1. Perhaps the administration will do the same for land borders. This whole nonsense is becoming stressful.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Not going to happen. Here in Arizona we are having more illegal crossings and drugs than ever. Things are tight in Nogales area currently. Has not been a word in the local News except problems.

rocmoc n Th SouthWest USA
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, for sure there would and had always been no problem for US nationals to drive into Mexico and return to the US. The huge issue is that fully vaccinated Canadian and Mexican nationals are, um, locked in their respective countries and cannot enter the US by road.

For me to pick up mail just across the border in the US from our home in canada 15 minutes drive from the US, I would have to either rent a private aircraft and fly to a regional US airport 15 minutes drive from us (!). Or, drive 200 kilometers to Montreal, jump on a flight to Burlington VT or, God forbid Boston, rent a car, and drive 6 hours or 2 hours to my agency on the border!also, we can't visit our relatives 30 minutes drive from us in the US, without spending a day or two and several thousand dollars putzing around with the same logistical nightmare outlined above. Same for Mexican nationals fully vaccinated!

Canada allows US citizens to drive into Canada 2, 3, 4 times a day at will for any reason. As long as they are vaxed and have had a Covid test. According to my neighbor a US / Canadian citizen, gets a Covid test on the US side at no cost.

See what I am saying?
Silver

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
There is no problem in crossing now at Weslaco, TX. I just went over this past weekend.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh:

My "best guess" was a border re-open November 21st -ish. I was fairly pessimistic back in August.

As the article notes, US border towns need that 3+ day advanced heads-up P3 to kick into gear...

Fingers crossed 😄
Silver

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Well at least it seems positive. I read where one state rep. said the reason Biden has not moved on border opening is he is worried about anything that would add to his problems. The author of that comment then added if Biden followed that the border would not open until after the mid terms. WOW!!

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Excellent. I hope it happens. TY for posting.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad