cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GEORGE C WALLACE TUNNEL

T_bone1
Explorer
Explorer
Someone please tell me what I need to know about the GEORGE C WALLACE TUNNEL at Mobile Al..We will going through in a motorhome..Thanks
2017 Georgetown 329S
2015 Toyota Tacoma toad
7 REPLIES 7

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
If going west in the afternoon the exit to the tunnel tends to point you up facing right into the sun, as you exit there is a sharp backlit curve.

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
DOTLDaddy wrote:
T bone wrote:
Someone please tell me what I need to know about the GEORGE C WALLACE TUNNEL at Mobile Al..We will going through in a motorhome..Thanks
No big deal, we go through there a couple times a year with our 5th wheel. I just stay in the right lane and let all the locals fly by me on the left. ๐Ÿ˜›

X2 unless you are already on I10.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

T_bone1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017 Georgetown 329S
2015 Toyota Tacoma toad

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We do it a couple times a year, no big deal.

BobKrogstie
Explorer
Explorer
Stay in your lane and take it easy. I've pulled my 40' FW through it a couple of times without issue.
Bob and Natalie
2008 Grand Junction 37QSB
2009 Dodge 3500DRW Big Horn 4X2/CC/LB/CTD/4:10/Auto

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad
T bone wrote:
No big deal, we go through there a couple times a year with our 5th wheel. I just stay in the right lane and let all the locals fly by me on the left. ๐Ÿ˜›

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Frankly, I avoid the tunnel and take the US-90/US-98 Truck route over the bridge a few miles north.

That keeps me away from the heavy city traffic and tight turns on I-10 on the west side of the tunnel in Mobile.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT