cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Harrisburg, PA east to Maine

nomad2013
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for: interesting routes (non-toll) with places to see that are inexpensive or free, and camp grounds that COEs, national parks, or military with water/electric, & hot showers. We also have a small dog.
Thanking you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
I-81 North to I-84 East will be your best route to the North East. And dont overlook PA State Parks for camping. I highly recommend Ricketts Glen .

Agree with above. You won't find anything interesting in the I-78 corridor east of Hamburg, PA (stop at Cabela's) except heavy truck traffic. We've not stayed at Rickett's Glen but a co-worker has and had good things to say about it. Consider also Promised Land State Park, just south of I-84 on Rt. 390. RV sites there were recently upgraded.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
I-81 North to I-84 East will be your best route to the North East. And dont overlook PA State Parks for camping. I highly recommend Ricketts Glen if you are in decent shape to walk the falls loop. An easier way to walk the falls is to befriend a neighbor at the campground. Drop off one of your vehicles at the bottom of the trails then drive to the top and walk down the eastern side of the trail. That way it is all down hill and you only miss a few water falls on the western side.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I have lived in New England all my life and haven't found much inexpensive yet.