cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hiway 41

globehopper
Explorer
Explorer
hello - stopping in visalia on way to oregon/wash this summer - has anyone traveled hiway 46/41 from paso robles to visalia? i know it's a two lane hiway, but that's about it. i know the grapevine is shorter - but we have time.
9 REPLIES 9

Debann57
Explorer
Explorer

How is route 41 from Visalia to Morro Bay.  I heard it was closed completely in Kettleman.  Also is it a lot of hairpin curves ?

This topic is 11 years old. You may have more luck getting responses of you posted your question in a new topic. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

JohnG3
Explorer II
Explorer II
We go from Morro Bay to Three Rivers (east of Visalia) a couple times a year. 41 from MB to 101 in Atascadero, then 101 north to 46 in Paso Robles, 46 east to 41 north, then 198 to Visalia. Nothing scary along the route. Only concern is if you are returning the same route, the left turn from 198 to 41 can be a wait for traffic to clear on 41. There is a stop sign for 198 traffic to cross the north bound lane and another stop sign in the center divider before entering the south bound traffic. No stop signs for 41 traffic in either direction. I solved the problem by taking 41 north about 1/2 mile to the next exit, crossing under 41 and getting back on south bound.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
globehopper gracias sr. garcia - sounds good - towing 24' trailer w/ f150 - and hate the grapevine with a car let alone towing.

Your quite welcome. Your 24' trailer will make it just fine. I tow a 34' 5th. wheel and have never had any problems with either Hwy. Keep a sharp eye or make sure your radar is turned on, there is always "Bears" on that road.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Either 41 or 46 will work. Basically the same type of 2 lane road. 46 goes east to connect with 99 at Wasco and then 99 north to Visalia. 41 takes a north/east route to 198 in Hanford and then it's a straight east shot on 198 to Visalia. Traveled both. Myself, I like the 41 route, so I can stay off the pot-hole ridden thing they call Highway 99.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

salem
Explorer
Explorer
They're still doing major construction around Paso Robles, but none of it should bother you. We made the trip a little over a month ago and we'll be doing it again in about a week. Kettlemaqn City has a new "Denny's" if you're looking for a place for a quck meal. Also some fast-food places. Or, you can go another 30 minutes to Cholamne and eat at the "Jack Ranch Cafe." . If you're a fan of James Dean be sure to read the plaque dedicated to him there. The intersection of 41/46 is where he was killed in an auto accident. Be careful and have a safe trip.

KCFDCapt
Explorer
Explorer
Howard 41 is a good road all the way. You can turn north on the 101 and go on from there.

globehopper
Explorer
Explorer
gracias sr. garcia - sounds good - towing 24' trailer w/ f150 - and hate the grapevine with a car let alone towing

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
hello - stopping in visalia on way to oregon/wash this summer - has anyone traveled hiway 46/41 from paso robles to visalia? i know it's a two lane hiway, but that's about it. i know the grapevine is shorter - but we have time.

Hwy. 46 is RV friendly and scenic, use it all the time. From the north I use hwy. 41 to get to Pasa Robles twice a year. Hwy 41 has 1 small short hill but nothing for RVers to worry about. The last time I took I-5 over the Grape Vine the road was so torn up that I had to reduce my speed down to about 40 mph just to avoid getting beat up and tearing up my trailer, at least it felt like it.