cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hwy 160 though Colorado

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
How is hwy 160 from Mesa Versa through Durango? TIA! Sometime in May!
Linda B.
Our Blog
2009 29' Fleetwood, Fiesta V10 - The Little Bus
2008 Saturn Vue (Toad)with US Gear UBS
& Demco baseplate and tow bar.
FMCA# F412985
Traveling with Robin(friend)& Buddee(cavalier)
11 REPLIES 11

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
fltoftheconcord wrote:
alaska315 wrote:
Me and Earl was haulin chickens on a flatbed outa wiggins and so on wolf creek pass and ended up in the feed store in down town Pagosa Springs or something like that. The song explains it better.

alaska315 for the win! Anyone who can recite some C.W. McCall lyrics is good by me.

Listen - Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6LzWZYWpOU
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

fltoftheconcord
Explorer
Explorer
alaska315 wrote:
Me and Earl was haulin chickens on a flatbed outa wiggins and so on wolf creek pass and ended up in the feed store in down town Pagosa Springs or something like that. The song explains it better.

alaska315 for the win! Anyone who can recite some C.W. McCall lyrics is good by me.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Not a Clue wrote:
Will be doing the pass! Thanks everyone for the heads up!

When descending the east side and you approach the snow slide shed over the highway and you see the reduced speed sign, obey it. There is a curve inside the shed that can take you by surprise if you are much over that speed sign.

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
Will be doing the pass! Thanks everyone for the heads up!
Linda B.
Our Blog
FMCA# F412985

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
The pass is not an issue other than steep, watch speed going down hill. You can go down hundreds of time too slow, once too fast.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
How much feed did you need? I always carry extra chicken feed in my spare kitchen sink.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

alaska315
Explorer
Explorer

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Through Durango to where? If Durango is the end point, then I agree piece of cake.

If continuing east past Pagosa Springs then you hit Wolf Creek Pass. Not particularly difficult but still a pretty steep climb for 7-8 miles. But two lanes going up so you can take it easy without holding up traffic. At 10,850โ€™ you could get snow in May. Not too likely, but I have seen it even in late June.

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
Heisenberg wrote:
piece of cake

thanks!
Linda B.
Our Blog
FMCA# F412985

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
piece of cake
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
CO Hwy. 160 is fine IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad