cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-44 in Oklahoma

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of driving this toll road from Oklahoma City to MO border this summer. Looking at the PikePass website for info. Came upon the "Vehicle Clearance" webpage here:
Vehicle Clearance

I would just want to pay cash for this one time drive through. My motorhome is 8'5.5" wide. (Do specs for MH usually include the side mirrors?) This webpage indicates the cash lane is only 9'6"....that would only leave me about 6" on each side. Too close for comfort! On the left side of the webpage, it says vehicles in excess of 8'6" should be excluded from driving the turnpikes.

Please help me understand if I will have a problem going through the cash lanes.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara
11 REPLIES 11

frizzen
Explorer
Explorer
There are attendants in the toll booths. They can give you change.

I was in Sedona last Tuesday.
I need some wild

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your replies. Definitely helps me feel more confident about taking this route in the cash lane!
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
Janss wrote:
Tyler...I'm not worried about the highway. I'm worried about driving through the narrow cash tollbooths.

sdianel...Thank you for your input.

We were just through there a couple of months ago on our way from Wisconsin to Phoenix, it's $11 at each of the the two toll booths. Our fifth wheel is 101" wide, the mirrors on my pick up are wider to see around the trailer, we made it through the toll booth just fine. Like others have said, go slow, you'll be just fine.

Dan

tfdcc
Explorer
Explorer
As earlier mentioned, it also works in the Dallas area and the Kansas toll roads.

Chris

tfdcc
Explorer
Explorer
I would recommend getting the pike pass. You don't have to slow down and go through the toll lines, it is a 10% discount, and it will only charge you for two axles. I pull my trailer and boat on the turnpikes quite a bit. You won't have any trouble with the width.

Chris

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I'll have four axles...motorhome and tow car. Looks like it's $11 each for Turner Tpke and Will Rogers Tpke. Do I need a bunch of ones and quarters? Are there multiple pay stations when traveling the whole turnpike?
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

frizzen
Explorer
Explorer
Tolls are based on the number of axles you have. If you have two axles you pay the same as any car.
I need some wild

mowingman
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the toll booths on that route have at least one lane that is wider for semis. However, even the regular lanes are no problem, just a little close, so ease through those. We have pulled our Palomino TT down that highway several times with no problems. Also had the mirrors fully extended out on the pickup. no problems, just be extra careful in those narrow toll booths.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler...I'm not worried about the highway. I'm worried about driving through the narrow cash tollbooths.

sdianel...Thank you for your input.
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
18 wheelers are 102" wide. All Interstate highways are made for 102" wide.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
we have driven that road many times in our Class A towing a small pickup. The cash lanes are a bit tight but just go slow. It would be much better if you got the PikePass. Eventually the PikePass will work in all states. It now works on some TX toll roads.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi