cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kansas City Question

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling north from Joplin, MO, on a Thursday morning in late July. We'll stop at Hamilton, MO so that I can look at the quilt shops.

Plan on driving north on IH 49 and then taking IH 435 to IH 35.

Any problems or major construction snags?
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
7 REPLIES 7

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
Well you are in luck. One of their last store openings was a man cave for the guys to while away the time while the wife shops. I guess it could go the other way as I have seen quite a few male quilters there browsing and buying fabric. But the man cave has easy chairs, TV's, vending machines and I believe a pool table. So he won't have to cool his heels in the vehicle while you shop. When I go to Hamilton, I plan to spend the day or till my money runs out which ever comes first.:):) Love Missouri Star Quilt Company.

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
GizmosMom wrote:
Thank you, everyone! DH is not keen on going through the shops so we will make a quick stop in Hamilton. I just want to SEE it. May return with the girlfriends someday!

You can tell him, if I had to do it, he CAN TOO!!!! LOL
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, everyone! DH is not keen on going through the shops so we will make a quick stop in Hamilton. I just want to SEE it. May return with the girlfriends someday!
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hope your going to leave lots of time in Hamilton. It will take about all day to go through those shops. Been there done that.

They are just about done with the big construction project on I-35. It is as soon as you get on I-35 from I-435. As long as you don't go through there say 3:00pm to 6:00pm you should be okay.

Good luck, John
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Fred_n_Jo
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to the MODOT interactive map showing all construction activities and road conditions.

http://traveler.modot.org/map/
2017 Host Rainier Truck Camper
2015 F450 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC 4x4

our places camped Map

our rig ready to roll

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
When we left home, mid-Dec, there was a major construction project in Liberty. I'll know more in a few weeks when we head back home in NW MO.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kansas City? They gots some crazy little women there....
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad