cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little Rock to Destin

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
On January 4th we will be heading from Little Rock, AK to Destin, FL, we have 7 day to make it. We’re a bit concerned with the high water and flooding along the Mississippi and it’s tributaries. We were planning on taking the “Great River Road”, but looking for your ideas for those familiar with the area. Thanks
2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 185
Nights Camped in 2015 - 231
Nights Camped in 2016 - 162
3 REPLIES 3

overbrook
Explorer III
Explorer III
Traveler II wrote:
On January 4th we will be heading from Little Rock, AK to Destin, FL, we have 7 day to make it.

I just made that drive. From Little Rock to Henderson Beach State Park in Destin, FL.

It's an easy one-day drive if from Little Rock you head to Pine Bluff on 530, then stay on 65 until you get to I-20 at Tallulah. From there head east to Jackson and get on 49 south. Just past Hattiesburg, get on 98 south to Mobile. In Mobile, get on 65 W to I-10.

Stay on I-10 until you get to exit 56 in Florida, and take 85 to 93 to Destin.

There is a toll bridge into Destin. If you have sunpass card, you won't have to stop to pay the toll.

Bill
Coachhouse Platinum 232 XL

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
I would stay away from the river until the flood danger passes. I would take
I-530 south to Pine Bluff, US65 south (east) to US425 south to Natchez MS. We stay at the River View RV Resort in Vidalia LA but I would call the morning of the day you arrive to make sure it's the rv park is not flooded. The reports say that in Vidalia the river will possibly crest about Jan 18th. Nearby is the Frogmore Cotton Gin and Plantation in Ferriday LA. From Natchez MS, take US61 east to US98 to Hattiesburg MS. Take I-59 back to US98 east then take I-55 south to I-12 to I-10. Fountainbleu State Park in LA off I-12 is a good stop. It's about a 45 minute drive into New Orleans from there. Or we like to stay at Lakeside RV Park in Livingston LA. You can also drive into New Orleans from there. If you stop in New Orleans, don't miss the World War II Museum.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

edm3rd
Explorer
Explorer
As of 1/1/16 they have lowered the crest 1.5 feet. Memphis to crest 1/9/16 at about 42 feet. Have NOT heard of any highway flooding predicted for AR or MS, but check Arkansas and Miss DOT to be sure.