cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Memphis to L.I.

bronxboy1412
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling from Memphis to Bethpage L.I. in the middle of Sept. We are looking for scenic routes, and place to see and stay. We have approx. 10 days for this leg of the trip..
Alternates to interstates are welcome.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some suggestions for full hookup campgrounds: I would stay on I-40 to I-81 due to mountains.
1. Nashville TN - Seven Points Corps of Engineers campground 7 miles east of Nashville. Or full hookup Two Rivers Campground or the KOA.
2. Sevierville TN - River Plantation RV Park or Anchor Down RV Resort in Dandrige TN - visit Smoky Mountains Nat Park.
3. We usually stop at Fort Chiswell RV Park in Max Meadows VA.
4. At I-64 exit south to US340. Go North on US340 and stay at the KOA in Luray VA (one of our favorites). Visit Luray Caverns & Skyline Drive (not for RV's).
5. Washington DC - you won't have much time but if you do go, stay at Cherry Hill RV Park in MD and take the bus to the metro.
6. Hershey, PA - to avoid DC and Baltimore traffic, head back to I-81. We stayed at the Elizabethtown KOA. It was "OK" The back in sites looked better than the pull thru we had.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
It would help if we know what type of rig you have, what type of campgrounds you like, do you need full hookup, what are your interests? Museums, etc?
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi