cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Must See's Between Charlotte N.C. and DC..

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
We are traveling June 17th to July 2nd so we will have time to site see...

Looking for suggestions..... Thanks for your time...
2004 Meridian towing 96 Tracker
If you don't stand behind our TROOPS feel free to stand in front of them during a fire fight

In God We Trust ALL Others pay CASH
16 REPLIES 16

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks
If you don't stand behind our TROOPS feel free to stand in front of them during a fire fight

fredandkathy
Explorer
Explorer
I would add the Marine Corps museum near Quantico, VA. It can be seen from I-95.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
July 4th in DC is like new years eve in Times Square. Only stifling hot and humid. Be prepared, lots of water, and wear the least clothes you can get away with. It's worth it though, have fun.
Puma 30RKSS

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
JimFromJersey wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
you're not kidding too much. IIRC back in the formative days of D.C. it was described as a semi-tropical locale. only change is a bunch more people. and that was before global warming. ;)bumpy
It is said that the original city planners chose the location (a mosquito-infested malarial swamp)in order to dissuade politicians from wanting to be there for long periods of time.

unfortunately, that didn't work. ๐Ÿ™‚
sort of like enforced term limits.
bumpy

JimFromJersey
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
you're not kidding too much. IIRC back in the formative days of D.C. it was described as a semi-tropical locale. only change is a bunch more people. and that was before global warming. ;)bumpy
It is said that the original city planners chose the location (a mosquito-infested malarial swamp)in order to dissuade politicians from wanting to be there for long periods of time.
Always remember, you're a unique individual. Just like the other 7 billion people on the planet...

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
Ha ha ha Yes we live in California, however we lived in Tennessee for a few years so we know what to expect...

I read once that if Christopher Columbus had landed on the west coast no one would be living on the east coast do to the humidity.....

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
you're not kidding too much. IIRC back in the formative days of D.C. it was described as a semi-tropical locale. only change is a bunch more people. and that was before global warming. ๐Ÿ˜‰
bumpy

JimFromJersey
Explorer
Explorer
Just Lee wrote:
... will be IN D.C. for the 4th. Yep it will be crowded but we only live once....
Spending the Fourth of July in D.C. is not living, but it may have you praying for an early demise ๐Ÿ™‚ Trust me, I've done it. Several times. It's hellish.

But, if you insist. Have a good time, really. If you're from California, there is no place in your state where you can go to replicate the climate, unless you climb into a large industrial clothes dryer in San Quentin, and have them toss in a couple of bicycles, ten pounds of roofing nails, and three gallons of sweat.

Just kidding. Really. No, I am kidding. You'll have a great time. See the Smithsonian if nothing else.
Always remember, you're a unique individual. Just like the other 7 billion people on the planet...

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
I saw the Fire Falls in Yosemite many years ago. It was spectacular to say the least. Looking back now WOW that was dangerous.... But it was awesome..

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
happynow wrote:
Excellent suggestions above. I would add Natural Bridge, VA. See the night show, its worthy IMHO.

just bring plenty of $$$ if you go there.
"Night Show" reminds me something my Dad said about 60 years ago when we were in Colorado. they were advertising 7 falls or some such in the Colorado springs area and being lit at night. My Dad said that we would go see it in the daytime as they could illuminate a city dump at night and it would look nice. one of the few times we agreed on something.
bumpy

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Just Lee wrote:
Awesome.......... Thanks we are staying at Cherry Hill and will be IN D.C. for the 4th. Yep it will be crowded but we only live once.

Thank you sooooooooo much for the suggestions...

LeeB

One more suggestion. Cherry Hill has a shuttle to the Metro (subway) station. Do not try to drive on the surface streets if you value your sanity. The Metro has stops at all the POIs, including the Smithsonian.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome.......... Thanks we are staying at Cherry Hill and will be IN D.C. for the 4th. Yep it will be crowded but we only live once.

Thank you sooooooooo much for the suggestions...

LeeB

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Biltmore Estate -- Asheville is sorta out of the way, but a must see. The gardens are wonderful. That would also get you set for a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

happynow
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent suggestions above. I would add Natural Bridge, VA. See the night show, its worthy IMHO.
happynow

Steve and Carol