cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NE Iowa to Edinburg, Tx

Retired_andLove
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard of long delays on I35 in Texas. Considering a alternate route this year. I have gone the South of Kansas City then over to Big Cabin then south route. I thought the roads were terrible in Oklahoma. I wasn't crazy about the small towns either. I was pulling a 5th wheel then. I won't be doing that this trip. I will have to time my travel so that I will have pet friendly accommodations along the way.

Any suggestions?
Randy & Dianne
2013 Tiffin Allegro
4 REPLIES 4

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
Randy, you have one of two choices, I-35 or small towns along another route. I like the slower pace of the small towns. It all depends on how fast you want to get to the Valley.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We have taken I-35 from DFW area to Georgetown (just north of Austin) four times in the last 2 months. No slow downs or delays at all. Much of the pavement in the construction areas is newly poured concrete. And even the lesser parts with old pavement were generally smooth. Traffic running at or above posted limits.

I think the only time there is a problem is if you are unfortunate enough to encounter an accident, or to pass thru when they are doing new lane shifts as construction starts/completes or when they are setting beams over a new overpass or putting up new overhead signs in the construction areas.

I don't care for going thru a multitude of small towns either.

Golfcart
Explorer
Explorer
Getting through fort worth on 35 is a bit of a mess due to the construction. lane shifts, potholes galore, and brake checking knotheads. But depending on the time of day, it can be done in about 30 minutes if you are driving straight thru
2009 Sun Valley Road Runner 16ft
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500

Camreal
Explorer
Explorer
I dont like I-35 in Texas. Go west of Fort Worth and hit 281 down to the San Antonio area. Its a good road.