cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New York City. What's going on?

homedad
Explorer
Explorer
We decided to go to NYC this June 2014. Through the help of this site we decided to stay at Liberty Harbor. Going through the web sites of the individual tourist spots like Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, 911 memorial etc, all of the tickets are sold out already, including November and December. But if you book organized tours it seems you can visit some of the sights. Are the tour companies cornering the market on tickets? Does anyone know, or are these tickets just not available yet? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

homedad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. They're showing sold out for individual tickets. As in if you aren't in a tour group maybe try summer of 2015 to get into empire state building, statue of liberty or 911 memorial (which is actually free but you still need a ticket.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sold out, or not available as advanced sale?

You can get ferry tickets for Statue of Liberty on a walk up basis. Tour companies buy advanced sale for an appointed time, but not until the tour is sold, i.e. a day or two in advance. They don't buy up all the group tour time slots six months out. Just finished a group tour, talked a lot with tour manager about how this works; she knew me from a previous tiour.

Concierges also have tickets, but again, don't buy 6 months in advance.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I can recommend the Gray Line tours. It is a hop on/hop off tour that will take you to almost all the "gotta see" places. (I think you have to do the 9/11 site on your own and make reservations).

Liberty Harbor is great for sight-seeing
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
Homedad,
Organized tours are probably the best way to see the sights. You can waste a lot of time learning a strange cities transportation system.

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Is this the site you looked:

New York Stuff

If it isn't, this is the Official site. They have a chat function so you might ask them directly.

Chat

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer