cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northeast in the fall

tbiker99
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at taking a trip next Fall to the Northeast. Only 11 states I have been to in my life and 6 of them are in the Northeast. (VT,NH,CT,MA,RI,ME). I've always heard that you need to see the Fall colors up there, but I've never been there. What are the "mandatory" things to see and what should we avoid.

I don't mind cities too much, but it isn't my favorite. Obviously we'd prefer to drive around a city than through it. But there is usually something in a city that is worth spending a day there. I'll probably try to go watch a Red Sox game.

It'll be me and my parents going, I'm in my 40s and they're n their 60s and no kids. We both have 40' fifth wheels.

thanks
2006 Chevy Duramax,4x4 Crew Cab
Big Country 3494QBS
21 REPLIES 21

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
tbiker99 wrote:

Agree I don't have to go there to see colors, but I've never been there and it seems like a good time to go. Is there a better time to go?

I would rather go during the summer but, I live in Pennsylvania and just look out my window to see the fall foliage.
I like the green of summer.
Plus, during 'leaf season' there are a lot more people out looking.

tbiker99
Explorer
Explorer
thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Big Country 3494QBS

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
Try Lake George RV resort, NY
Great campgrounds
Fall colors
Saratoga Springs
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

tbiker99
Explorer
Explorer
"Are you planning on taking the 5th wheel into Boston?" Not intentionally! I'd want to camp an hour or two outside and drive in for a day and or game and drive back out.

Agree I don't have to go there to see colors, but I've never been there and it seems like a good time to go. Is there a better time to go?
Big Country 3494QBS

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
lgarcia wrote:
Come to West Virginia. No big cities, but lots of fall color.

X2, you don't have to go to New England to see fall colors.

Are you planning on taking your 5th wheel into Boston? :E

tbiker99
Explorer
Explorer
Ironically, 5 of the other states I've not gotten to are WV, VA, MD, DE and SC. But I'm hoping to retire from the Air Force this summer and settle down in Tennessee. If I do that, West Virginia and the other eastern states will be an easy to visit. Unless you have a really good job for me in a small town, then I can just move there:)
Big Country 3494QBS

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
Come to West Virginia. No big cities, but lots of fall color.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi