Pemex!

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
17 REPLIES 17

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It's now 4 bucks a gallon. I'm going to get one of those step-through scooters and tie a cargo basket on the back. A thousand dollars is 250 gallons of fuel. Ten 25 gallon tank fill-ups.

Los Mexicanos have a rallying cry "The Oil Is Ours".

Something tells me the oil is about ready to hit the fan. It's killing the economy down here.

stanbnv
Explorer
Explorer
Filled the Dodge up with diesel at the Maverik in Dayton NV yesterday using my Mavrik Black ATM card,(6 cents a gallon discount) and paid $3.669 per gallon. Mexican diesel when we left La Peรฑita on the 27th of March worked out to $3.77 US per gallon, (12.95 pesos per liter).
Stan & Linda
Hobo the Cat & Loki
06 Dodge 3500 CTD 6 sp Quad Cab Bighorn
2017 Open Range Roamer 316RLS
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

Prevost82
Explorer
Explorer
In our area .. I seen a lot of locals parking the motos and are going back to bicycles .. they can't afford the gas
82 Prevost Marathon XL
2004 conversion
8V92TA 475 hp / 6 speed
8KW diesel generator
F1 DataStorm
2001 FLH Harley
2001 FXR Harley

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The Tarahumara who migrated over the course of 40-years to Urique, Temoris, and other remote points along the ferrocarril chihuahua al pacifico did so with the knowledge of how much a ticket cost on el chepe the least expensive class.

The price of a ticket has QUINTUPLED in dollar amount since those days. The indians cannot get to market or to medical.

The government porkers in Mexico City are every bit as evil and despicable as legislators and lobbyists in Washington DC. They do not care. One of the favorite pastimes of the "comfortable" in both countries is having a morning coffee clatch in which they sit around and brag how much they screwed some little person. Don't bother arguing. My ears and eyes don't lie. Neither does my mouth.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Russ brings up an important point. Go to any Pemex early in the morning. You will see charanagas at the pump buying 20 pesos of fuel. 10 year ago they were buying the same 20 pesos. That poor man's salary has not changed but his expenses sure have. Imagine buying 1.5 Ltrs. of fuel every day! The price of that fuel is refelected in everything that poor man buys. I really don't know how the poor in Mexico survive. That 20 pesos is probably 20% of his daily income!

Moisheh

mexicoruss
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought all you guys had the answers....Old and experienced......Been through it and through it and more - I am disappointed ...This has always been and will always be greed and deception at the highest level. You will pay at the pump what they ask because you have been trained to do so.

You can afford it, many cannot and that is where the friction begins for me. You may die rich in this system, comfortable in your shoes but there are many who just want to get by. These political games are nonsense, they are hurtful and they are hateful. You may not see it that way from where your RV is setting!
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
Absent the Keystone pipe who is hauling the crude? Could it be Burlington Northern? Who owns Burlington Northern, could it be Warren Buffet? Who is Mr Buffet's buddy on Pennsylvania Ave? Nuff said. :E
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder how all those nuts in Kansas will feel when they stop the Keystone pipeline and all the ND fracking and in a few years they run out of oil. Wasn't the expression: Let them Freeze in the dark!

Moisheh

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Wm Elliot: Are you saying that carburetor was not real? My dreams are shattered. All these years I believed in an untruth! WOW!!

Moisheh

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Good thing we're all intelligent and do not post ridiculous hyperbole. Right?

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
And then there's the carburetor that delivers 200 mile per gallon that the evil big oil or big auto bought the patent for and then swore everyone that knew about it to secrecy.

stanbnv
Explorer
Explorer
I was stationed in Boston in the Coast Guard when the "oil shortage" in '73 I think happened. There were loaded oil tankers that were backed up 30 days waiting to unload.
Stan & Linda
Hobo the Cat & Loki
06 Dodge 3500 CTD 6 sp Quad Cab Bighorn
2017 Open Range Roamer 316RLS
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
EVERYBODY has an AGENDA when it comes to oil. In Moron County California, legions of yippie/yuppy/hippie/knotheads rally against anything to do with oil, then run out and buy a $90,000 BMW. When someone points out this hypocrisy, they point to their $5,000 carbon graphite bicycle that has gathered 09 miles on it in 5 years.

They then slip on their Nike's and Addidas and go march with others protesting Child labor.

But when I worked at Shell oil refinery during the big 1970's OIL SHORTAGE, the refinery WOULD NOT LET crude tankers offload at the wharf. The tankers were lined up in San Pablo Bay and Shell, Exxon, Chevron, and Tidewater refineries WOULD NOT LET THEM DOCK. When a sharp eyed consumer pointed this out to the SF Chronicle, the refiners said "Oh the tankers are empty". Yeah, right! Argue with the damned Plimsoll markers on the hull. When I passed through Texas, I happened to stop at a ranch. All the rancher's cricket pumps were stopped. I asked why "Sonny they got me pinched way back. Got a big pipe but the valve is near closed on the other end". Headlines were screaming "CRUDE OIL SHORTAGE!"

These people are CON ARTISTS. The most flagrant, arrogant, and uncaring in the world. The oil lobby scares Washington and scares state legislators. When the oil industry feels threatened, they suddenly have "Refinery Upsets" lots of them, all over.

Try convincing someone else. Been there, done that got the tee shirt and secret whistle.

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
I live in one of those places. Searsport Maine had a chance to have a propane storage facility built for the cargo port there. The people (mostly elderly folks that were well past working age) fought the project with incredible venom and the business venture gave in.

"No new oil refinery has been built in the U.S. in more than 35 years. Now there are two in the works. A 20,000-barrel a day refinery in North Dakota is already under construction and on Monday a second was announced."
Link: http://247wallst.com/commodities-metals/2013/09/25/new-u-s-oil-refinery-proposed/

Think about how much traffic has increased in 35 years, and no new refineries? Have you heard about the Keystone pipeline? Resistance to tar sands oil from Canada?