cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pittsburg

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at routes from Somerset PA toward Berlin OH. Towing a 35' fiver. Both AAA and Google maps suggest I376/US22 directly through the middle of Pittsburg. Any recommendations on taking (or avoiding) this route? We would probably try to time it between 10am and 2pm.

We do drive city interstates around home. We won't be in any rush, and will be leaving from Richmond VA with an ultimate destination of Dayton OH in a bit over a week. We've already visiting Kentucky blue grass area in the spring, and are looking for something different.

Thanks,
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW
6 REPLIES 6

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

BradinOhio
Explorer
Explorer
As others have suggested, I would take route 70 to route 77 and avoid going thru the middle of Pittsburgh.
Brad ('68), Sandy ('71), Amber (shephard), Niko (shiba inu)

'12 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 Ecoboost with MaxTow
'12 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRKSS
'10 Keystone Passport UL 245RB (prior - retired 6/2012)
'07 Rockwood Roo 21SS (prior)

badboy368
Explorer
Explorer
STAY AWAY from pittsburgh :E the rt 70 to 77 is good
40' pusher,350 turbo cat, pullin a 37' trailer haulin a drag car. oh yea baby

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
You could also break off the turnpike at New Stanton and go on I-70. If you change your route on Google maps you will see it is just a few minutes more. And it would be cheaper. That's the way I would go anyway...

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
I would think you should be ok during that time. Work rush should be at their destinations.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
some how get over to RT 77 north , I,m about 50miles from berlin in the canton area . rt 77 to rt 39 west at dover ohio will take you that way.