cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PV airport tips please

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
We will arrive PV airport heading for Guadalajara by bus. Any tips on making the exit from the airport hassle free to the closest hotel to the bus station. We arrive at night and will stay in a hotel till next morning when we will continue our journey by bus to Guadalajara. We are a couple of seniors but spry seniors.
22 REPLIES 22

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
The official exchange rate today was 18.9 to one so the the 80 pesos was $4.25 US for the taxi ride, not bad at all.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
We made it through the wall of dealers at the airport without too much problem and got a taxi to take us to a hotel next to the bus station. It cost 80 pesos which we thought was reasonable. It's not such a great hotel so we only took it for one night. We will make ou way up to VC to-morrow. but we made it but that walkway is a killer!

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Talleyho69 wrote:
The "open air taxi's" are pulmonias, and are only found in Mazatlan.
Taxi's in PV aren't cheap by Mexico standards, but are by US.

Try a taxi in Cabo...........
Did it a couple times, have rented a car ever since.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Billinwoodland
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69 wrote:

Yep, the only place I've seen Pulmonias is Mazatlan. My wife and I used the bus system almost exclusively in PV during the daylight hours. I enjoy mixing with the locals and learning something beyond what you read about or learn from the comforts of one of the resorts.
2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
Been there done that.

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
Have you camped recently at Chimulco? Always was a favourite spot to stay, cooler than the beaches in October and March and then, off to the beach!

Talleyho69

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Taxis are cheap in PV, - take the open air ones. Also, ask at the hotel, but take the buses. PV is laid out up and down the beach for the parts you'll be going to. You can take the bus from one end to the other for about 27 cents, it may be cheaper now since the peso has devalued more.

Some buses take slightly different routes (they may go up a block or two off of the beach and then there are some one-way streets that cause them to zig-zag around, so ask the bus driver as you get on if the bus is going to where you want, then ask the people on the bus where to get off at. Pay attention,there will be buzzer buttons to push when you want to get off, otherwise the bus doesn't stop. Some of the people won't speak English, but if they do, they'll help you out.

Bill

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. That sounds great advice. We are heading for just outside Guad but think we would like to spend an extra day in PV. Is the Flamingo walking distance to restaurants, banks etc?
Thanks Hate

Canada_Irl
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to overnight in PV recommend the Flamingo at the marina. Five minutes from airport by taxi and 10 from the bus depot. Reasonably priced.

Irl.

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
We will post. We will be there on the 12 of Feb.
kat

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
Camping in Jalisco?

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
I will post my experience with the bus.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please come back and post about the bus trip as we want to do it. I'd prefer the "chicken" buses, but the DW wants the ones with TVs and bathrooms.

Bill