cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reef Inflation Puerto Penasco

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
Reef RV Park beachfront is now $40 and the wide beachfront spaces are $50. Monthly rates also way up in the stratosphere.

Lots of empty spaces, come on down.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP
22 REPLIES 22

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
rocmoc wrote:
Talleyho69 wrote:
But it's still less expensive than the US, and it's paradise!

Not cheaper than the US if you enjoy Boondocking and National Park Campgrounds. That is the downside of Mexico, we are totally self-contained including Solar but boondocking is not as available (note as Chris) in Mexico or a National Park System. Heat/warm weather is the #1 draw for us. Everything else is icing on the cake.

rocmoc n AZ

We always find a boondocking spot. This summer we stayed at Sierra de Organos National Park in Zacatecas. A true gem especially at 50 pesos a night. Lots of hiking trails. Many states have primitive state parks.

Our next visit is in San Joaquin, Queretero in the Sierra Gorda mountain range. A nice national park with some infrastructure.

Theyยดre out there but they just donยดt get the attention they deserve. Probably better or weยดd end up with touristy destinations like other countries over run by concessions and expensive.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69
It's one of the many reasons why we are moving out of the US and to Mexico permanently!

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
rocmoc wrote:
mexicoruss wrote:
Right now in So Cal the rates for RV park space goes from 64 usd to 255 per night. Crazy I know but the parks are almost always full in season

Makes it a good deal only if you live in California, Still a BAD deal if you live else where!

That is the reason we have not been to California in YEARS. Too many other states & places are better and less expensive.

rocmoc n AZ

We had sticker price shock when we had to book some folks in a few campgrounds in Malibu, San Diego and Coachella valley. Most are north of 70 bucks a night plus tax.

We are glad we bought a lot in Palm Springs 14 years ago. It has definitely paid for itself.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
mexicoruss wrote:
Right now in So Cal the rates for RV park space goes from 64 usd to 255 per night. Crazy I know but the parks are almost always full in season

Makes it a good deal only if you live in California, Still a BAD deal if you live else where!

That is the reason we have not been to California in YEARS. Too many other states & places are better and less expensive.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69 wrote:

Not cheaper than the US if you enjoy Boondocking and National Park Campgrounds. That is the downside of Mexico, we are totally self-contained including Solar but boondocking is not as available (note as Chris) in Mexico or a National Park System. Heat/warm weather is the #1 draw for us. Everything else is icing on the cake.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

mexicoruss
Explorer II
Explorer II
Smart happy people that have adventure in their blood will continue to venture into Mexico for many decades to come...if you like the vanilla Walmart lot lifestyle....or the Costco has the best hotdogs in town crowd...not so much....Viva Mexico....welcome those that want to adventure.....
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

Talleyho69

mexicoruss
Explorer II
Explorer II
moisheh wrote:
Chris: I did not check but commercial rates may have gone up. Regardless there is no logical reason for drastic rate hikes. RVing in Mexico will just keep dropping.

Moisheh
Rv ing in Mexico already dropped in 2008, that phase is over, the new phase is happening. You may be here you you may be there, but I guarantee you you will totally will pay more...those olden days be gone.....long gone.....
Russ Black
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

mexicoruss
Explorer II
Explorer II
hypoxia wrote:
mexicoruss wrote:
At the end of the day the decisions the park owners make affects their business.

They are in business to make money. Good post Russ.

The folks that made reservations prior to the increase are grandfathered in at the Reef.
love it!
Russ Black
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
mexicoruss wrote:
At the end of the day the decisions the park owners make affects their business.

They are in business to make money. Good post Russ.

The folks that made reservations prior to the increase are grandfathered in at the Reef.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Like it or not the cost of living has gone up about 15% more than last year, electricity and specially propane gas, some food items have also gone up a lot so do not expect prices to stay down, gasoline has also gone up, not much but enough so that taxis charge 5 pesos more per trip.

Those of you that will argue that the basic food items are government subsidized have not gone up as in tortillas, ETC are correct, onions have gone up, chiles and the price of lard, cooking oil, and if the RV park happens to have a commercial electric contract, that is a big item.

So bite the bullet, swing on the hammock and drink the Corona and have some roasted crickets instead of peanuts and engoy Mexico, it is still a lot cheaper than the USA, and you even get to speak a foreighn language!

navegator

mexicoruss
Explorer II
Explorer II
At the end of the day the decisions the park owners make affects their business. Playa de Oro thought about raising, because of pressure from full timers in the park and residents in park models in the park they decided not to. Playa bonita could raise their prices and would still be full every year, I would expect that the prices will be going up next year although I don't speak for the Palacios, if they decide to raise, they can. Reef decided to raise and again they can. They are not in town, their spaces are huge and I know that Caravans already have booked into the future with them. All of the parks have something different to offer and I see things going very well here in Penasco. If you decide that you dont want to stay somewhere because of price, its your decision too. Right now in So Cal the rates for RV park space goes from 64 usd to 255 per night. Crazy I know but the parks are almost always full in season, I choose the sea of Cortes over the Pacific but again my choice. Come on down and enjoy this special place and have fun doing it.
Russ Black
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Chris: I did not check but commercial rates may have gone up. Regardless there is no logical reason for drastic rate hikes. RVing in Mexico will just keep dropping.

Moisheh

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Just to clarify, the electricity may have increased in some รกreas. For example, in my รกrea the rates dropped considerably. However, usage limits remain the same here.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog