cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

roof repair Guadalajara

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
A large tree branch fell on and penetrated the roof of our trailer. The RV park are going to use their insurance to fix things. We need the hole in the roof fixed, the ceiling tile fixed and the cupboard replaced. We have carpenter but are having a problem finding someone to repair the roof and ceiling. Does anyone there know of a Guadalajara firm equipped to do this work. We found one but they cannot do the work for two months and we need to get back to Canada.
Kate
12 REPLIES 12

crandle
Explorer
Explorer
Kate, What park are you in? Just curious, they seem to be going out of their way.

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
Thank all of you for your help. To-day the staff here managed to talk the company in Guadalajara into taking my trailer to-day and they also managed to get a tow truck to haul it out. We just got back. They should have it ready by Monday. The carpenter we know already so we are okay to leave him to do the work while we are gone and the canopy should be ready soon or at least when we come back next year and that is okay by me. The park are going to take care of covering it and vermin proving it. So we are pretty tired to-night but I think a lot happier that we were last night. Thank you Thank you Thank you,
Kate

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
The place I found in Monterrey distributes EPDM material or so their website indicates. I passed this on to Cathie and I hope this will be an answer or at least leads to a source.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Brian: rubber boats are mostly made of a material called Hypalon; very heavy and very expensive.

The problem with a branch penetrating an RV roof (any RV), is the roof structure may be destroyed (if the roof is made from welded aluminum, requiring an experienced TIG aluminum welder, repairing it is going to be a very very tricky and skill-filled endeavor).

If the roof's EPDM (rubber) is torn, then get an RV-sized roll --the roll has to actually be wider than the RV roof, and must be seamlessly(!) applied in one long piece. This is a VERY specialized job, requirng sealant that is compatible with EPDM. EPDM may or may not be used these days as much as TPO for roofing commercially (on buildings) in Mexico, so it may be difficult to find a large enough roll of EPDM material already in Mexico. Also, if your roof decking is destroyed (probably likely), you will have to re-deck the damaged roof section.

You may want to do a large temporary patch, until you can get the right materials, sealants and decking and find the right Mexican expertise to do the job technically correctly. If your camper roof has damaged aluminum structural members, you'll have to find the aluminum stock somewhere in Mexico, too.

The RV manufacturing industry uses something called white-on-black EPDM membrane, typically in the 42 mil thickness (a much more robust white-on-black is 60 mil, and is rated: walk-on). You can order it as 15 x 25 feet, up to over 40 feet long. Carlisle SynTec is the manufacturer (800.479.6832 in Carlisle, PA). I would call them, and inquire on who is carrying the product in Mexico in your region (this stuff is probably used in Mexico). Here is Carlisle's web contact info, here-->

Good luck,
S-
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
I did a search for RV Rubber Roof Repair and came up with materials to do the repair at places like Camping World in the US but nothing in Mexico. Maybe someone could ship necessary materials to you?

Then I thought what else is made of rubber and might need to be repaired. I thought rubber inflatable boats and did a search. Came up with Zodiac and others. Looked for dealers around Guad and came up with.....

Yates Y Costas
Av. Adolfo Lopez Mateos #941
44648 Guadalajara
Phone: (33) 38 17 10 45 -(4
Mobile: 013338171046
Fax: 013338171049
Email hagemann@yatesycostas.net

Av Adolfo Lopez Mateos # 941
Col. Italy Providencia
Guadalajara, Jalisco. CP 44648
Tel (33) 38 17 10 45 - (46) (47) (48)
Fax (33) 38 17 10 49

Address Rodolfo Hagemann Email: hagemann@yatesycostas.net

Sales Miguel Avendaรฑo Nextel: 0133 16 58 48 55 Email: avendano @ yatesycostas . net

Accounting Camarena Joanna Email: contabilidad@yatesycostas.net

Just an idea........

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
The new roof is not an option as we intend to store the trailer here at the park. I am trying to pursue some other source suggested by Chris. It might mean someone coming from Monterrey. It is a big mess right now but we are just waiting to speak to the owners again. Wish us luck.
Cathie

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks and we are open to everything but it is starting to look more serious. We will speak to you on arrival.
Cathie

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
Kathy. I will be back in the park in a couple of hours. Myhe friend Luis from the fiesta on Sunday may be able to hook you up with someone as he builds houses here in Guad. I am sure you can find someone. I have a tube of rubber lap sealer and some Butyl tape I can give you . See you in a bit. Cheerio
An ex Class A with towed. Now Bungalow in Melaque.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Not likely to find the TPO or other material for your roof. The insulation is no problem. HD has it. I would think that the whole rubber roof has to be replaced. Patch the roof with aluminum and sealer. Phone your dealer in Canada for an estimate of new roof cost installed. Get the cash from the park.

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
No it is a rubber roof. You are right it is panel on the ceiling but the hole is at the end of a cupboard and we have agreed to have the hole patched and extend the cupboard to cover the patch. It is just the roof and the insulation that seems to be the problem.
Thanks Kate

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Is the roof aluminum or fiberglass? Is the structure of the roof ( studs, plywood) damaged? Finding a handyman should not be a problem. Ask the park owner/mgr? Go to the nearest ferreteria and ask for a recommendation. There are all kinds of metal building contractors who work with metal roofs. I have never seen an RV ceiling with tiles. More like a sheet of some light material. You will not be able to duplicate the RV material. Maybe Home Depot in Guad has something that would work.

Moisheh

BIKERK9
Explorer
Explorer
Contact your own insurance company and get a referral from them of a reputable repair facility.
DoggyDaddy
2008 Damon Outlaw 37', WH-24, 8.1 GMC
Class A Toy Hauler
DoggyDaddy CommunityProfile