cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route from Corning CA to Reno

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking for a little different route home this year and have wanted to stay at Rolling Hills in Corning as I've heard much about it.

So, I really don't want to go any further south on I-5 and need to get over to 395 and thought about heading east on South Ave over to hwy 99 and then down to Yuba City and then Hwy 20 over to Grass Valley and then on to I-80 to Reno and 395.

Is this a good route for my rig (see signature)?

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....
21 REPLIES 21

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Jim and Marv... We are not in any type of hurry, nor do shortcuts interest us. We've taken Hwy 20 from Hwy 101 over to Grass Valley many years ago when we had a TT. Don't remember much but I don't think we'll have any problems with our coach on this route.

Dick... not sure I understand. Do you mean I-80 instead of 70? Looks like 70 goes N to S and doesn't come anywhere close to 395. If you do mean I-80, I surely don't want to go through the Sacramento area. Thanks anyway.

J Herb... we normally get off I-5 at Shasta and go over to Susanville. We just wanted to do something a little different this time and we also wanted to visit Rolling Hills. Thanks.

thanks to all you guys... great info.

Ron
Ron & Sandie

Marv_Hoag
Explorer
Explorer
lanerd wrote:
Looking for a little different route home this year and have wanted to stay at Rolling Hills in Corning as I've heard much about it.

So, I really don't want to go any further south on I-5 and need to get over to 395 and thought about heading east on South Ave over to hwy 99 and then down to Yuba City and then Hwy 20 over to Grass Valley and then on to I-80 to Reno and 395.

Ron

I go to Grass valley that way all the time. The short cut referred to is an adventure, but doable. Narrow, very bumpy, and a railroad track crossing from hell. However, it does save a few miles, and its short.
2000 Monaco Windsor 40
2009 Honda Fit Sport
2012 Chevrolet Equinox

svjim
Explorer
Explorer
lanerd wrote:

Ron

Your route should work just fine. You actually catch hwy 20 in Marysville, which is on the east side of the river running between it and Yuba City. Your GPS may actually take you on a short cut a few miles north of Marysville.
2014 Adventurer 86SBS
1999 F250 HD 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel
Bilstein Shocks,Timbrens
Hellwig Big Wig Anti-Sway bars

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or get on 99 and go south to 70 then over to 395. Been that way once, not sure if I would take it again. Our WIT club likes to stay at Pioneer RV Park in Quincy. This is an interesting area. Dick

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
Take I 5 north to Red Bluff ( only 21 miles ) than 36 to Susanville, than to Reno and south on 395.
J herb

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Skipper... The Olive Pit has been recommended to us previous and will definitely stop by there.

Ron
Ron & Sandie

Skipper_Rod
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about the route but when in Corning be sure to stop at the Olive Pit. Great selection of olives, almonds and other stuff.