cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV trip planning app or program

Brandon327
Explorer
Explorer
What is a good app or program to plan trip with?
2013 gmc 3500 hd cc Drw 4x4
2016 Dutchmen voltage 3990
12 REPLIES 12

Brandon327
Explorer
Explorer
I tried rvparky now I think I will try the free trial on the rv trip wizard. Tired the good Sam trip planner but I never could get it to work.
2013 gmc 3500 hd cc Drw 4x4
2016 Dutchmen voltage 3990

RoaminRichards
Explorer
Explorer
RV Trip Wizard is the best trip planner that I have found. It includes many more campgrounds than Good Sam Trip Planner and you have the option of setting several parameters to customize individual needs. I am retired military so we stay in those campgrounds when available and Good Sam does not list them but RV Trip Wizard does. RV Trip Wizard has so many more options compared to Good Sam.

lewisr
Explorer
Explorer
Surprised no one mentioned Good Sam trip planner. Is there an issue Iโ€™m not aware of?
'14 F-150 Super Crew 3.5EB 3.73
'19 Heritage Glen 282RK

DaveG39
Explorer
Explorer
I use MS Streets and Trips for a first cut then use RV Parkreviews.com to zone in on RV parks. Tried Base Camp a few times but found it not at all user friendly and was taking too much time to even start the process.
2007 TropiCal LX towing 2012 Honda
CRV, Goleta, CA

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to keep using Street Atlas 2015 until I can't. It is no good about highway interchanges that may have been modernized, but the dashboard GPS can tell the driver about those.

There is an online Furkot.com that close to as good, but being online or cell contact dependent makes it pretty useless for a lot of our travels.
Unless it is stand alone, even carrying wire, it will be useless part of the time. I found out that even if you download and store Googol maps, it is easy to run out of them when you need them.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just recently started using RV Parky and really like it. Since I wont pay for RV Trip Wizard, the only thing I have to do is determine how far I want to drive each day and find that on the map.

The only problem I have is getting RV Parky to download to my Rand McNally RVND7 as a trip and not a POI.
cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow (Gone)
2021 Silverado Custom 2500HD
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
Iโ€™ve only used it once so far but I like RV Trip Wizard.

Just got this and I'm using it to plan the next Big Adventure. Easy to use and intuitive. You can set your parameters for how long/far you want to travel in a day and it draws a circle of that radius around your last stop. It just a matter of going to the edge of the circle and find a campground or stop.

It has some links to RV Park Reviews reviews but doesn't go to the site, so I do that for the area I'm stopping. I also use freecampsites.net and campendium. I use RV Parky, but mostly when I need to find a park in the area.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I havenโ€™t found one app/site does everything I want. See if this article helps:
http://learntorv.com/lets-go-trip-planning-apps-and-websites/
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™ve only used it once so far but I like RV Trip Wizard.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Paythebill
Explorer
Explorer
I use Garmin Basecamp
paythebill......(a.k.a .....Ron)
Chevy 2010 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Vortex
2014 Heartland Wilderness 2175RB

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I'll second RvParky. I use it all the time.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

Community Alumni
Not applicable