cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

San Emeterio Aduana - Sonoyta

rswzz
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I just wanted to let others know about a potential issue stopping here.

I crossed at Lukeville/Sonoyta headed south towards San Carlos on Dec 28 and stopped at San Emeterio to get my TIP. I have a pickup pulling small fifth wheel. I want to say up front that there was no problem with the very brief customs inspection or doing the paperwork for the TIP. Everyone was friendly and courteous and that all went smoothly.

My problem was of my own making! As I have read others doing, I pulled into the AutoBus entrance as that has more room to park while getting your TIP. Also the Auto Entrance is a little tight to line up and pull through the scanners.

Once in the Bus entrance you have a single lane between two concrete curbs that make several turns before approaching the Bus parking area. I got about 3/4 of the way in and was stopped by one of the security personnel and was made to back out all the way onto the highway and to enter the Auto entrance. There was no further hassle, they just wanted me to come in the correct entrance! I was thankful that I didn't have a bus pull in behind me while trying to back out.
1 REPLY 1

Alison_and_Neil
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the heads up
We are heading home that way in March