cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay away from the Philladelphia area this weekend.

Explorer
Explorer
Because of the Pope's visit the PA Turnpike will be closed from the Jersey border to well past Philly from this Friday through Sunday. All bridges will be closed into Philly. The detours go up to 78 which will also be a mess. The New Jersey Tpk is also going to be backed up because of the confusion that will occur because of the closings.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road
6 REPLIES 6

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Some DC government workers were allowed/encouraged to work at home today to avoid "Pope Traffic". :B
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

And for the record , the Pope is in DC today... I just drove from Richmond VA to SE PA in 4-1/2 hrs. ( not towing ) Right up the gut of 95 and DC , over the draw bridge... I was concerned about it... That just shows that most of the MAJOR headaches will be in the center city areas....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

1775 wrote:
Because of the Pope's visit the PA Turnpike will be closed from the Jersey border to well past Philly from this Friday through Sunday. All bridges will be closed into Philly. The detours go up to 78 which will also be a mess. The New Jersey Tpk is also going to be backed up because of the confusion that will occur because of the closings.

This is wrong.... The biggest closure will be the Schuykill expressway (76) between the Blue Route (476) and NJ.. And the Ben Franklin Bridge.. All the other closures are in and around Center City ...
Roads closed for the Pope
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Keel
Explorer
Explorer
sadly, todays world we have so many nuts that they have to do this..

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
I don't think 'mess' will describe the situation. But it's probably the best word the forum will allow. 🙂

Well said. There is a fair percentage of folks who live in my area who commute to their jobs in Philly. They are getting time off from work courtesy of the the traffic restrictions for the Pope.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think 'mess' will describe the situation. But it's probably the best word the forum will allow. 🙂

Best of luck to everyone living and traveling in the Philly area.

It's definitely an area to avoid. We''ll be home watching it on the tube.