cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Temporary Importation Permit TIP

rvmex
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning from Hermosillo, I would like to get reports on how did you do on getting your TIP when you came in.

Where did you crossed the border.
Where did you get it.
How long did it take you.
If you had any problem please make a comment on it.
Destination.

Muchas Gracias
Fausto
7 REPLIES 7

dkilley
Explorer
Explorer
We stop in Yuma for a few days to stock up. We drive the toad down to San Luis and walk across the boarder to get TIP and immigration permits. Very seamless and total time including boarder wait is about 2 hrs on a good day. This is the first time in 12 years we have ever been asked to see the actual TIP permits where the check the vehicle vin numbers to the permit. This was done at two different locations from Lukeville to San Carlos. I tried the on line application but could not get it to work. Now I hear you need go use Explorer and not firefox as your web browser.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Yes,On Line before leaving Home!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

pomsplus
Explorer
Explorer
OP was asking about TIPs not insurance.

We got our TIPs - one for tow and new one for MH on line and were extremely pleased with the timely response time - 4 days. So very convenient.

Turtle-Toad
Explorer
Explorer
Some Comp insurance (fire/theft/collision) is good in both the US and Mexico. However, NONE of the US Liability insurance is valid in Mexico, for that, you need insurance from a Mexican firm. While you're at it, you should also make sure that the Liability insurance comes with what they call "Legal". This rider will keep you out of jail. Read my sticky on Mexico Insurance at the top of this forum for more info! Also note the increase of Liability limits.
Turtle & Toad, On the Road
37' Georgetown XL w/3 slides, 1 1/2 bath, & 595 watts of solar power
06 Taco TRD (for "Off the Road")
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here
Only States/Provinces that I have spent at least a week in are shown

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
sail2liv wrote:
Just a note, my insurance company cover north America, but not mexico....

I was under the impression that you had to buy Mexico insurance regardless of whether your insurance company covers it or not.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

sail2liv
Explorer
Explorer
Just a note, my insurance company cover north America, but not mexico....

Talleyho69
Did it on line and had it delivered.