cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upstate NY to Pelham Manor, NY then to Dover, DE

flamingo139
Explorer
Explorer
We are towing TT from Syracuse to Pelham Manor via !87, Tappanzee Bridge. In a car we take Cross County to the Hutchinson Parkway. Don't know if we can legally tow TT on Parkways. We then leave for Dover Speedway. Not sure the best way to get to get out to I95. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

flamingo139
Explorer
Explorer
Bigdaddogg1, you are my best friend. Your suggestion was spot on and easy to follow. Little scary towing the RV over the GW Bridge. Severed my pig tail to the trailer jackknifing the RV into the spot at the Dover Race Track campsite, but got an inexpensive repair at the Delmarva RV in Milford, Delaware.

flamingo139
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks bigdaddogg1. I'll check it out. Sounds better than the plan B i came up with. My son checks in with Pelham Manor police to get okay to park overnight. I plan to use I95 to leave on my way to Dover Nascar race.

bigdaddogg1
Explorer
Explorer
You can't go on either the Cross County or the Hutch with a trailer. To get to Pelham Manor from the Tappan Zee, take the Cross Westchester Expressway (I-287) to I-95 South. You can get off at Exit 15 in New Rochelle and take Boston Post Road (US 1) south directly into Pelham Manor.

You might run into a problem in Pelham Manor though. It's been quite a few years since I lived up there, but IIRC most of the streets are narrow and tree-lined. Overhead obstacles (trees, power and phone lines) might not allow you to get to your friend's house. I also don't recall any place around there where it would be safe to park and leave your trailer for the night. You might want to look for a Plan B, just in case.

Good luck and safe travels!!!
"The only bad thing about being retired is you never get a day off"

2006 Sunnybrook 28RKFS 5th Wheel
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Diesel 6 speed auto

flamingo139
Explorer
Explorer
RoamingGnomes, thanks but I lost you. I need to stop over at Pelham Manor for the night. Not sure how to get from Tappanzee to there staying off Parkways.

RoamingGnomes
Explorer
Explorer
Going down I87 hop off at I287/Rte. 17 NJ. Take Rte. 17 to Rte. 3 east. Entrance to I95 south is a short distance about a mile or so keep right.

gcloss
Explorer
Explorer
Trailers are not allowed on parkways in NYS, only passenger cars with nothing in tow.
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE