cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vancouver BC RV park info

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
We will be going through Vancouver and wish to stay for a few days and visit the area and Vancouver Island.

Can any of you recommend an RV Park that is reasonable (considering the Canadian Dollar and everything) yet not 40 miles outside of the town.

We realize that the longer drive for the lesser price sometimes isn't always the best thing.

Thanks!
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014
7 REPLIES 7

JeepBus
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately there aren't many RV parks in the Vancouver area. Burnaby Caribou and Capilano are the closest to Vancouver. The Fort Langley Campground is nice but 40min outside of town. EagleWind RV park in Aldergrove is probably the newest and cleanest park in town but 45min away. Pacific Border RV park is another option (45min from town and about 35min from the ferry). None of the parks will be cheap.

Doing a day trip to Vancouver Island is possible but difficult. You may need ferry reservations to make sure you get the sailing you want. You'll spend as much time driving and waiting in ferry lineups as you will on the island.

I was born and raised in the Vancouver area so if you have more questions let me know. I'd be happy to help.
2004 Discovery 39L

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
Check this place out...
http://www.fortcamping.com/
It seems reasonable & it's right close to the the freeway to take to get to the ferries. I haven't used them yet , but was considering it earlier this year. Gary

moe_f
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer we spent a week in Vancouver. stayed at the Capilano RV park located in North Vancouver (maybe West Vancouver, not sure) but it's at the north end of the Lions Gate Bridge. Very central and convenient. It's really just a parking lot and sites are small with concrete pad and picnic table. We found it clean and the folks were friendly. The rates were reasonable for being so close to downtown Vancouver.

Here's the website.

http://www.capilanoriverrvpark.com/reserve-rv-campgrounds

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Beverley&Ken wrote:
Its been a few years but we've used BCRV park. Spots can be tight but it is within walking distance to public transit to the downtown core.

Ken

x2 we liked the location and took the Skytrain downtown several times
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
Yes - we are planning on staying on the mainland in the Vancouver area and taking a day trip to the island - even though we might need to make more than one trip to Victoria.

We have pets with us so we can't just leave the rig behind and stay on the island. We realize that would be easier but won't work for us.

Just looking for info on places to camp for 4 to 5 days that won't cost 70.00 per day.

Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
I get the idea you are planing to leave the rig in the lower-mainland and "day trip" to the island.
I really question this idea, If you were to take the 8AM boat you need to be to the ferry terminal by 7:30 (with reservations) and wouldn't be in Victoria until ~10:30AM.
If a similar statement about the return.

Of course there is the INSANE expense of paying to take the rig across the ferry. Which is why for our trip next month (Sept) we are leaving the rig behind and staying at a Motel.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Its been a few years but we've used BCRV park. Spots can be tight but it is within walking distance to public transit to the downtown core.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.