cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wanting to travel down baja to San Quentin for clamming.

archery1
Explorer
Explorer
Have traveled both the Baja and Mainland for years but the last 5 only to Rocky Point since all the news articles. Wondering what is current outlook in traveling down the Baja now. Want to clam in San Quentin but heard of a shooting at the El Pabillon campground and nothing else since. Any info would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
CAVEAT: The marinas will smile if you have clams enough to for clam bake or caldo de siete mares and not piles of them. Simply smile, shake hands and wish them buenas dias o tardes. Get caught with a gunnysack and things change for the worse.

But Turtle-Toad is correct Mexican authorities are touchy especially of foreigners seemingly sneering at Mexican law. I would have a fishing license even though it entitles a person to zero mariscos.

Turtle-Toad
Explorer
Explorer
Were you aware that it is illegal for a non-citizen of Mexico to take lobster, abalone, clams, mussels, scallops, etc? It says so right on the back of your Mexican fishing license. You do have a Mexican fishing license don't you?
Turtle & Toad, On the Road
37' Georgetown XL w/3 slides, 1 1/2 bath, & 595 watts of solar power
06 Taco TRD (for "Off the Road")
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here
Only States/Provinces that I have spent at least a week in are shown

gwbaines
Explorer
Explorer
Correction BajaNomad.com

gwbaines
Explorer
Explorer
For more direct and current information on Baja and specific information about how the clams are doing in the San Quintin area, I suggest you ask this question on the Baja Nomad website. BajaNonad.com, go to the questions forum and ask. There are people who live there to answer these questions.

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
cdlaine wrote:
Archery,

As you are probably aware the best source for Travel
info related to personal security would probably be
thru the State Department website. That having been
said, I have relatives that live on the Sea of Cortez
and do not feel any increased threat level.... but ,
awareness is key...

(give em' a call)

Charles

Yeah, Check with the State Dept, ha, ha. The government does such a great job running every thing else, how could they screw this up.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
I would/will RV in Baja any day, anytime. IMHO, it is as safe now as it was when you stopped going down. Stuff happens and you have to use common sense. Check out BajaNomad Forums, http://forums.bajanomad.com/ . There are lots of persons from the USA living full-time and traveling in Baja. As always, camp in USA close to the border the day before you cross. Travel a safe distance south of the border the day you cross. Most problems are near/at the border. Maybe we will cross paths! We will be down in Baja next winter if we don't do our Southern Mexico trip.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

Moved from Forum Technical Support

cdlaine
Explorer
Explorer
Archery,

As you are probably aware the best source for Travel
info related to personal security would probably be
thru the State Department website. That having been
said, I have relatives that live on the Sea of Cortez
and do not feel any increased threat level.... but ,
awareness is key...

(give em' a call)

Charles

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_5815.html

For the latest security information, U.S. citizens traveling abroad should regularly monitor the State Department's internet web site, where the current Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, and Travel Alerts can be found. Follow us on Twitter and the Bureau of Consular Affairs page on Facebook as well. Up-to-date information on security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 001-202-501-4444. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays). U.S. citizens traveling or residing overseas are encouraged to enroll with the State Department's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.
2003 2500HD, 8.1L,CC,4.10,2WD,Allison
Standard bed
Ride-rite air bags
Prodigy
Husky 16K sliding

2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox Ed.
Pin wt.(CAT Scale) 2660#
5th (Cat Scale) 12600#

I'll want the Frim Fram sauce with the Ausen Fey with
Chafafa on the side.... Nat