cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who has overnighted at an Ohio Tpk rest area?

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Headed to northern MI next month and thinking of overnighting at one of Ohio's rest areas that has electric hookups for RVs. Just wondering what folks' experiences are with that. I like the concept.

Wondering about noise, safety, etc.
8 REPLIES 8

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
40' limit

That's about what we saw. We were way too long with our truck + camper. But really convenient if you can use it.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Good feedback all. Thanks so much.

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
Normally stay at the westbound ones on our way from Ithaca NY to Chicago. The one at mm238 is a back in type altho motorhomes with toads can fit. The one at mm75 is pull thru. We travel in June and have yet to see either one full. Don't notice the noise
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
40' limit
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

rcmiller32
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed over night twice in the OH rest areas. They are first come first served. Some are of the back in type and not that large. Fill up quickly late in the day.

Also limited as how long the rig can be. A motorhome and toad will most likely be to long.
2014 Coachmen Pursuit 31BDP
2016 Ford C-Max Energi
Member FROG, FMCA, Life Member Good Sam Club, Member Coachmen Owners Association

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
3oaks wrote:
We have. Been doing that past several years. Be aware every plaza on the Ohio Pike does not have a special area for RVs. We overnight on the western end of the pike. They have the newest RV sections and are nicer. They are well lit areas and we never had a problem with security. The RV overnight areas, themselves are quite, but you can hear the trucks entering the plazas as they pass by. Not a big deal. $20 for the night.

Good feedback. Thanks.

Another question: Any problems with availability? How crowded or highly sought after are these spots? Do I need to be there by a certain time?

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thats a great idea... Should be more of the rest stops doing that. Of course all we see has a two hour stay time haha...

We pulled into a BASS PRO SHOP parking lot in ALA I think it was with our POPUP trailer and they had a whole bunch of back in parking areas for small rv's. These had tall bushes separating the spots and all had 120V 20A receptacles there.

We said heck it time to stop anyway so went inside to pay and they said its free haha... Can't beat a deal like that. They had an attached dinner in the little shopping area so we ate breakfast there the next morning... After all said and done they got about $100 out of us with what we bought in their shops.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
We have. Been doing that past several years. Be aware every plaza on the Ohio Pike does not have a special area for RVs. We overnight on the western end of the pike. They have the newest RV sections and are nicer. They are well lit areas and we never had a problem with security. The RV overnight areas, themselves are quite, but you can hear the trucks entering the plazas as they pass by. Not a big deal. $20 for the night.