cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A Christmas Story house?

ChrisFMA
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone gone by RV to The Christmas Story House in Cleveland? We will be driving right through and it looks like it's right off of I-90. Just not to keen about driving and parking the rv through the city, though on the map it doesn't look too bad. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the stop?
4 REPLIES 4

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Christmas Story house just keeps getting better as they've done a lot of improvements over the past few years. As a resident of the greater Cleveland area, I would encourage you to camp for a least a night or two and not only see the Christmas Story house but check out other venues that you might like such as the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, the Cleveland Art Museum, Botanical Gardens and the Cleveland Zoo. If you camp at American Wilderness Campground in Grafton, you will be about 30-40 minutes from downtown Cleveland. The Streetsboro KOA is another option as well as Punderson State Park.

But, if you can't stop overnight and visit during the week, there is parking available at the house as long as your rig isn't too big.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
I would search for the nearest campground and spend a day or two there then just drive your truck or toad to see the house. Friends spent the night in a parking lot near by last year and took one of their tow vehicles to see it and wished they camped somewhere in a rv park
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are a fan of the movie, or of Jean Shepherd stories, then I think you will enjoy the house. We took our family (we're from Minnesota) a few years ago and we all watch the Christmas Story each Christmas. So our girls were big fans too.

We took the house tour and the actor who portrayed "Randy" was actually there and we got our picture taken with him also got an autographed photo of him from the movie (where he is in his snowsuit and can't get his arms down.) It was a very enjoyable visit and the gift shop across the street was fun too. My daughter bought the bunny outfit!

That said, it is in an old neighborhood and the streets are rather narrow. I'm sure there is somewhere you could find to park somewhere near and then walk to the house/museum.

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
I used to live in Cleveland. As close as it is to the highway you'd probably be hard pressed to
1- Find parking in the area.
2- Navigate the roads down in Ohio City. It's an old part of town that may be tough to get into.

Look to see if you can get to Steelyard Commons to park there and walk or Uber over to the house. The walk may be a fairly long one (mile +). I know there are a couple of larger retailers in the commons so there will be a couple big parking lots.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K