cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

About specifying campsite length?

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
I have a question about using reserveamerica.com or recreation.gov. When they ask for equipment length do they mean trailer length, or trailer length plus TV length?
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
2009 Toyota Land Cruiser URJ200 Series
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11 REPLIES 11

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
We usually go with trailer length too but if there's a number we can call we will verify the site so our truck will fit too. I'm not a fan of having to park the truck else where unless It's close by and we can keep an eye on it.

Dan

AH64ID
Explorer
Explorer
Very interesting that everyone else is stating trailer length, last thing I reserved they where very clear it was total length. Sounds like I had a confused customer service rep.
-John

2018 Ram 3500-SRW-4x4-Laramie-CCLB-Aisin-Auto Level-5th Wheel Prep-Titan 55 gal tank-B&W RVK3600

2011 Outdoors RV Wind River 275SBS-some minor mods

BroncoUp
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer length. I reserved a spot at Detroit Lake in Oregon. Was confused why the Max Vehicle length was 26 feet but the Drive Way length was 45 feet. Come to find out the FLAT part was 26 feet (which was perfect for my old trailer) and then it slopped down for the remaining 19 feet to the road way.
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 CC Turbo Diesel
2014 Jayco JayFlight 32RLDS

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
These sites have reconfigured to supposedly make reserving sites better. My DW spent all last evening trying to reserve a site at Bandy Creek, Tenn for the story telling meeting next fall. She said it took her a long time to figure out what they were asking.

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer only but include the hitch in that measurement. As for parking the van or other TV they usually fit in front of the trailer or across the front of the site.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

AH64ID
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever I talk to recreation.gov they ask if the length is the truck/trailer length, not just the trailer.
-John

2018 Ram 3500-SRW-4x4-Laramie-CCLB-Aisin-Auto Level-5th Wheel Prep-Titan 55 gal tank-B&W RVK3600

2011 Outdoors RV Wind River 275SBS-some minor mods

full_mosey
Explorer
Explorer
Damdifino wrote:
I have a question about using reserveamerica.com or recreation.gov. When they ask for equipment length do they mean trailer length, or trailer length plus TV length?

If only there was a definitive answer to this question! My 'rig' is a 16' TT(bumper to hitch) and a Van, for 32' total. Is this 16 or 32 ft? If the PAD is 16' where does the van park. Websites are horrible about figuring this and only a phonecall will clear this up!

HTH;
John

WrongWayRandall
Explorer
Explorer
If you look at the site details it should say what the total available length of the parking pad is, although I have found the occasional location that does not provide that information. Some parks require you to park additional vehicles in specified locations, but if that is the case it will say in the details.

- Randy
1975 Westfalia Campmobile "Backroads Wanderer"
2014 Rockwood A122 hard side popup

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
All58Parks wrote:
They mean the trailer, but when I want to be able to park the tow vehicle in my site, especially if it's an overnight and I don't want to un-hitch, I enter my total length.

X2...most times, though, I figure I can park the car anywhere, so I just enter the length of the coach....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

All58Parks
Explorer
Explorer
They mean the trailer, but when I want to be able to park the tow vehicle in my site, especially if it's an overnight and I don't want to un-hitch, I enter my total length.
2014 Wildcat Maxx 26bhs
2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
They're referring to the length of your trailer only.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"