cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amelia Island, GA

Team_D
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of heading to Amelia Island next March for some vintage auto racing at the Fernandina Beach Airport. I'm too late for the state park and the online reviews for the nearby campgrounds are not that great. I was wondering if anybody might have a suggestion on where to stay. We won't spend too much time at the campground, but would like our time there to be relaxing.

Perhaps you have stayed at some of these local campgrounds and can offer your personal experience.

Thanks in advance for your help.
8 REPLIES 8

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
Team D wrote:
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I now have some direction to search in! I'm always impressed by the wealth of knowledge on this forum and the generous people who give their time to share it with me.

We like Country Oaks at exit 1 on the Ga/Fla line...small campground 46 sites ?? with 8 or so pull thrus,,,nce folks run it
Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

Team_D
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I now have some direction to search in! I'm always impressed by the wealth of knowledge on this forum and the generous people who give their time to share it with me.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The Jacksonville North/St Mary's KOA is just a mile over the GA line right off I-95. We'll be there for 2 or 3 days before moving to our reserved spot at Ft Clinch in January.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Would also check Big Talbot SP along with the eventers for boondocking on site. In March the nights will be cool that you don't need AC.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Pecan Park RV and Flamingo Lake RV both have easy access to I-95 and I-295 and are about 20/25 miles south of Amelia Island in Florida. Both are very good parks. Now if you were just lucky you may get a reservation at Ft Clinch SP which is right at the island, but highly doubtful. BTW Georgia can't have it, it's ours.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you checked Crooked River State Park in GA? We stayed there while we went to the Shrimp Festival at Amelia island. Nice park, and close enough to Amelia Island.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Try FLA...

Hannah Park in JAX Beach about 35miles and a cool ferry ride.

Pecan Park on I95 under the approach to JAX airport about 20 miles.

That's it for the area if you missed Fort Clinch.
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Florida??
www.putt10.net