cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any website that shows rv parks along my route?

tommymsw
Explorer
Explorer
I know I can look up rv parks by town and such, but I am wondering if there is a website that will show the parks along my route... Just to help me plan out my trip a bit.

I am planning on trying to make it to an area for the eclipse... and I am guessing I will need to contact EVERY park looking for an opening... starting from where I would LIKE to be, all the way back to where I am starting.

I imagine all the close ones will be filled up already!
28 REPLIES 28

Adiabatman
Explorer
Explorer
We've been using the Ultimate Campgrounds iOS apps for the past couple of years and recently they have developed a seamless integration with Modesitt Software's Road Trip Planner.

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Have used RV Park Reviews for years and very pleased. Don't go back more that 2 years and then throw out the high and the low.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

The_Painting_Te
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.epgsoft.com/CampgroundMap/
Just zoom in enough for the locations of many (not all) campgrounds

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
JohnG3 wrote:
The"All Stays Camp and RV" app. Filters for Campgrounds, fuel, dump stations, RV repair facilities, WalMarts, just about anything you'd need on the road.

Double ditto:C
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
donkeydew wrote:
in Oregon they predicting the biggest traffic jam in history of the state.
every rental care is rented,every hotel,motel and campground in the path are sold out. they are predicting total gridlock across the whole state.all for a couple minutes.
be sure you have place to go and get there early

AND, most of the hotels, motels , RV parks in Oregon have inflated their prices to outrageous levels i.e. $2000 a night for a hotel, private home owners renting their homes out for $2 to 3 K :(:(
Driving up hwy 101 in Oregon is full of road construction, 1 lane traffic, flagmen etc etc.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use rvparkreviews.com to look up campgrounds by state, then city. Many other sites too, but that is our primary 1st choice

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
The"All Stays Camp and RV" app. Filters for Campgrounds, fuel, dump stations, RV repair facilities, WalMarts, just about anything you'd need on the road.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Road Trippers does an OK job of showing RV parks.

Otherwise, see if this helps with trip planning:
http://learntorv.com/lets-go-trip-planning-apps-and-websites/
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
tommymsw wrote:
I know I can look up rv parks by town and such, but I am wondering if there is a website that will show the parks along my route... Just to help me plan out my trip a bit.

I am planning on trying to make it to an area for the eclipse... and I am guessing I will need to contact EVERY park looking for an opening... starting from where I would LIKE to be, all the way back to where I am starting.

I imagine all the close ones will be filled up already!

Go to Good Sam Trip Planner. Pick a town and it will list all the RV parks near your choice. Not to rain on your eclipse parade but I think that most RV parks are already reserved and full by now:(

one_strange_tex
Explorer
Explorer
For website planning, you might also consider http://www.rvparkreviews.com. Click on the US map on the state you might be interested in, then keep clicking to drill down to the specific area of the state to get a map of individual parks. It has what I consider to be the most reliable reviews and ratings since they come from individual campers.
Good luck on the reservations. I had trouble in the November, 2016 time frame for the Kentucky/Tennessee area, but was successful with a good bit of calling. You might catch a cancellation with persistence.
one_strange_texan
Currently between RV's
Former 5th wheel owner (Montana 3402RL)

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
in Oregon they predicting the biggest traffic jam in history of the state.
every rental care is rented,every hotel,motel and campground in the path are sold out. they are predicting total gridlock across the whole state.all for a couple minutes.
be sure you have place to go and get there early

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Agree RVPARKY.COM
Dennis Hoppert

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking for an RV park along the line of Totality, you can pretty much kiss it off. You might try, but don't count on it. Our chapter secured facilities in April.

What you can do, is get on the eclipse site and find the time of the eclipse in your area, and find an RV park in striking range so you can hold up there and then break-out for a parking lot to stay in for the total 2:30 of the totality and maybe an hour each side because Totality is the big game.

As for trip planners, there is a new kid in town. Furkot is the site and it is pretty good, but they are still building the instructions. As it is a web app, it will never replace the capability of SA or S&T, but it is real close. It can do fuel and day's travel. I am still trying to learn what all it can do.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.