daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
Any where???
37 REPLIES 37

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
I think they all moved to this Facebook group: Snowbirds / AKA Winter Texans Rio Grande Valley Texas. 57 posts today and 716 the past 28 days.
pawatt

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
The RV parks in Arizona are full of out of state license plates this time of year.
Arizona is a really bad state to spend any time in. All these snow birds should realize this and spend their winters in TX or FL - much nicer in those states. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
joebedford wrote:
That's funny - I find Florida drivers to be among the worst I've seen in North America.

You are absolutely right. And where did they come from?? Yup, you guessed it.

Only about 35% of Floridians are native Floridians. About 1.6 million 'Floridians' were born in New York (that's about 8% of Florida's total population) . . . helps explain a large part of the problem :C

If they're from NYC they may got their first DL in the sunshine state.

That's entirely possible . . . a bit scary, but possible.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
That's funny - I find Florida drivers to be among the worst I've seen in North America.

Only about 35% of Floridians are native Floridians. About 1.6 million 'Floridians' were born in New York (that's about 8% of Florida's total population) . . . helps explain a large part of the problem :C

If they're from NYC they may got their first DL in the sunshine state.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
26 yrs, snowbirds in Yuma from mid-Oct to mid-April
samsontdog:o:W

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Started getting the Sprinter organized for our annual 6 weeks on the Florida gulf. Being from Massachusetts I donโ€™t need to practice poor driving skills, they just come naturally.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
SnowBirds, YES for 12 years now.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
No. I'm now a rain bird. Sold the wet house and moved to a dry house.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
joebedford wrote:

My belief is it's the inconsistent mix of drivers:
- Regular Floridians
- Immigrants
- Snowbirds
- Tourists

Each has a different driving style and it results in a bad mash up of traffic.

To the original question: 2 yrs ago we did a loop of the south and parks were empty. Last 2 winters, we were able to get out of the country for the winter.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
JKJavelin wrote:
We have them here --- plenty of 'em!! Would it be OK to send some of them your way? :C

OP is from Oklahoma I see.
OK is probably not ok in the winter!
PS, we're heading for Quartzsite shortly.

Frankly I don't care which way we send em' --- usually not too bad once you get used to the congestion on our roads, but I only wish they'd leave their driving habits back where they spend the rest of the year.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
The fairgrounds in Tucson where I work is usually full of snowbirds this time of year but currently it's maybe half full.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Thirteen years south in the fall north in the spring. Down in South Louisiana presently.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yes