cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atlanta Motor Speedway

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
Gonna camp at the race weekend in March. I've looked over the campsite maps. I'm looking for the best campground outside the track with big rig access, on speedway property. Anyone have any experience?
6 REPLIES 6

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Just got out my old map.
Looks like I was in the "First turn camping" near entrance L and was happy there.
Can't get much closer to the track than that.
Might ask about "Club One".....but better have your checkbook ready !!
I'll probably be going there the Monday or Tues. after Daytona, maybe directly from Daytona. Hope to take my bike with and pray for some good riding weather.
What part of Fla. are you in ??
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
Atlanta never sells out, always plenty of tickets and camping available. Our TH has a generator so we are good to go.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
donkeydew wrote:
i would check what is available at this late date.

don't think you will have much if any luck finding sites with in miles of track.

Yes call them. And look at the camping charts on their website.

The second comment likely doesn't apply at THIS race because they have been BEGGING to get fans back.

I've stayed there once but don't remember exactly where.
This year I got one of the "premium" spots with power.
My little C will probably look out of place among all of the big motor homes that likely will occupy the rest of those spots.

Make sure your heat is working. It often gets downright cold at night that time of year around Atlanta.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
Have a generator and plenty of gas and everything else you need.

I have been non-camping a few times and even on Sunday morning there were open spots.

We used to go to Talladega twice a year, arriving on Saturday afternoon around 500pm and always found a spot. Take what you will need with you because coming and going on race-day is not an option, traffic is bad. I always stayed over until early Monday and then left, no problems getting out then.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

thedoghouse
Explorer
Explorer
I was at race last year not camping. But when I walked in I saw plenty spots open on the speedway property. Now these spots were all dry camping but sure looked like they had a blast
2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite 36 RLT
2011 Ford F350 CC DRW B&W Companion

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
i would check what is available at this late date. don't think you will have much if any luck finding sites with in miles of track.