cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar Harbor Campground

cruising_spud
Explorer
Explorer
There is a campground in Bar Harbor called Bar Harbor Campground. If anyone is knowledge about this campground could they help me out? This campground does not accept reservations. My husband and I are considering making a last minute trip to Bar Harbor, and I was thinking I might be hard pressed to find a campground at the last minute. So, this campground would seem to be ideal. If anyone has been here, could you fill me in on how are chances would be to get a site? We are flexible on dates, so is arriving on one day of the week better than another day in order to get a site?

Thank you for the help.
Kathy
18 REPLIES 18

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have stayed there. We were just traveling w/o reservations and they told us the best time to get a site was in the AM when people were checking out. We showed up and the guy at the desk said there were several sites coming open and to drive around until we found one, claim it and then come back to the office to check in.
It is not the most picturesque CG we have stayed in, but we only slept there. Back then it was 40 dollars and no credit cards. "Yes Mr IRS Man, it was slow this season and we really didn't make much money." 😉 Not sure if that was for a tax dodge or just to simplify books and finances. Nice folks
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
May not be what you're looking for, but we stayed at Tall or Twin pines CG about 15 miles from downtown BH. Full hook ups, easy drive to BH or close by city. We were not impressed w/ either KOA and CG by airport. Sites close together, very dusty roads. Another CG won't take RV's above "X" length.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Call them and ask, 207-288-5185. 🙂

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
I suggest giving the place a call about your chances of getting a spot. They are the ones who know after all. We stayed at the KOA and it was excellent, I suggest calling them or using their website to see if they have an open site.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper