cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bar Harbor, Me

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone know of some good RV parks to stay at while in Bar Harbor, ME ?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
21 REPLIES 21

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the MoMo's tip, will make sure to go there in August while we're in the area.
Can't think of anything better to top off a ton of Lobster than good cheesecake. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Crowe wrote:
Thanks for the tip on MoMo's! Have been to Bar Harbor many times and have never found it. I'm familiar with Ellsworth so next time we go we will definitely have to find it.

IF you don't mind paying a little more than usual, you WILL NOT be upset by going there..... We went back the day before we left to get some for the road
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip on MoMo's! Have been to Bar Harbor many times and have never found it. I'm familiar with Ellsworth so next time we go we will definitely have to find it.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
17 yrs ago we stayed at Mt Desert Narrows Camping Resort, more of an high end resort campground with some larger sites for the MH's. I think it is now corporate owned but seems to still get good reviews, about 10 minutes from downtown Bar Harbor.

Ask about the Pie Lady.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
We stayed at - Timberland Acres 2 years ago.. Its a nice campground with large, pull through sites... It was about 15 minutes to Bar Harbor's center of town...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said !!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

fwed
Explorer
Explorer
Ford Truck Guy: That's the one and only MoMo's. A little hard to find, but worth it!

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Former New Englandah, M44 can't resist it ...

You all mean Bah Hahbah, right? Been theha many times ๐Ÿ™‚ New Englandahs almost nevah pronounce the Ahh at the end of a word, they just sit at one and ordah.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

fwed said-"Try MoMo's in Ellsworth -- best cheesecake on the coast -- self serve, honor system"

We were there in 2020 and have to believe its the best we have had almost anywhere... a little pricy, but well worth it... little garage with fridge on left side, correct??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

fwed
Explorer
Explorer
The only place for us is the Narrows on Mt Dessert Island. Be careful, there's also a Narrows Two on the mainland -- totally different. We've stayed at Hadleys, but found it marginal. Don't wait to reserve. Busiest area in Maine which is known for being busy during tourist season. Take a small car if you're going to Bar Harbor. Try MoMo's in Ellsworth -- best cheesecake on the coast -- self serve, honor system. Helen's Restaurant in Ellsworth -- not fancy, but good food!

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Geo*Boy wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
It depends on how you want to camp, We like Schoodic Woods Campground https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/251833near Winter haven, secluded, long, well separated sites with electric & water. A bit of a drive to get back around to Bar Harbor, but we loved it.

The drive is about 1 hour, one way.
That's about what I was thinking, 50-60 minutes, but seems like the memory these days isn't what it used to be. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
It has been awhile, but last time in the area we did Hadleys Point CG. Nothing outstanding. Did the job for being in the area.

Took a drive through the KOA. Recall it was a very windy day with cold wind blowing right onshore. I imagine very nice on calm days but that day, BRRRRRR.
Oceanfront Camping, which is a good time S of Bar Harbour. Fine by us. We can do without the Bar Harbour crowds.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
bukhrn wrote:
It depends on how you want to camp, We like Schoodic Woods Campground https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/251833near Winter haven, secluded, long, well separated sites with electric & water. A bit of a drive to get back around to Bar Harbor, but we loved it.

The drive is about 1 hour, one way.

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
bukhrn wrote:
BTW, thanks Crowe, for the reminder about the reserved entry pass, we had to do that at Glacier NP last year, but didn't even think about Acadia.

If you are a hiker, no need for the reservation. There are trails to the top. The shorter one is moderate if you take your time. Not fast though. Lots of views as you hike. Be sure to have hiking shoes. Itโ€™s rocky. The rocks are great as they often act as stairs, but they can be slick.

Itโ€™s also good to understand the traffic in the whole park. Itโ€™s a mostly a one way loop. When you start, you have to finish. That wouldnโ€™t be so bad, but traffic and parking can be difficult. There is a bus system, which is nice. You can get on and off without worrying about parking and you can watch the scenery while riding. Just one of those things you want to be aware of before arriving.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
BTW, thanks Crowe, for the reminder about the reserved entry pass, we had to do that at Glacier NP last year, but didn't even think about Acadia.

You're welcome! It's new for Acadia. I only knew because we may be going there in June, depending on some other factors causing us to change our current plans.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]