Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

RV park near Tampa Busch Gardens

We have visited there a couple of times over several years and frankly I was not confident with the area the attraction is in. I would not be comfortable leaving our rig there for a day trip to Busch Gardens.(Trying to be politically correct here) W...

Horsedoc by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Using a tow vehicle as a windbreak while boondocking

We were recently boondocking in the Eastern Sierra -- gusts up to 60 mph were predicted. When they arrived, the trailer started to shake a little. No risk of overturning, but still annoying -- like a small earthquake every few minutes. (And yes, w...

Ray and Donna West Free RV Park, Muleshoe, TX

Leaving the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta and heading eastward towards Austin. TX, we stopped at this free RV park in Muleshoe, TX.It was a set of 8 pull-thru spots with full hookups (water, 20/30/50 amp electric, and sewer). Free but there was a donati...

Big Oaks RV Park, Cedar Park, TX

This is a nice RV park with beautiful oak shade trees thru-out, Well kept and friendly staff. The laundry room looks quite new.No bathhouse, but the laundry room does have a 1/2 bath. Not sure the hours on it, though.Getting there may require a U-tur...

Month long stays w/o the rv

I have seen folks in here comment about month long stays in some potential snowbird areas with local motels and apartments. We are not done with the house so cant go full time yet but were looking now at either doing a week or two in the Caribbean co...

Seeking expert opinion: thinning vs prescribed burns

Almost all of us on this forum are avid users of the national forests. Some of us favor extensive logging. Some of us don't want the forest altered in any way. I understand both of those positions.My in-between view (which is worth precisely nothi...

Where in Western MI with 3 tweens/teens

We're looking at an 8-9 day loop from SE WI to western MI for next summer. We will spend part of our time in Mackinac, but are looking for a good second destination on the west side of the state. Our kids will be 15, 14 and 11. Where would you go?...

A hidden gem

Here is one that we came across completely by accident.Mountain View Speedway near Boone, NC. While everything else in the area is $40 plus & jammed up tight like rally camping this one is out in the open in the most delightful valley that one can im...

Veebyes by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Rallys

Do any of you snowbirds attend Rallys during the snowbirds months? Or know where we could get a list of Rallys that are held during those months?

Oregon Coast trip

We just returned from a ten days trip to the Oregon Coast. We spent a few days at Federal campground Tillicum Beach and then moved to Carl Washburn a state campground. Both had great access to the beach.We had beautful sunny weather except for one d...

KOA, Cody, WY

Spent two nights at the Cody KOA last weekend. Tried to save a few bucks by getting a "regular" site instead of the "Deluxe" site. I won't do that again! Some of the "regular" sites looked to be OK, but the one we got was not even close to level, ...

wisconsin dells? or somewhere similar

Live in Ohio, and looking for somewhere little different this year for summer vacation (end of july for a week).Been to Michigan the last several years, love it there, just want to take a break.Is the Wisconsin Dells good for kids? 5 and 2 years old?...

jabres by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Snowbird funny

So we arrived at our winter park on Oct 3rd, and then shopped at Costco on Monday the 7th. Coming home with a package of 6 steaks, we went to pull out the vacuum bagger to separate the steaks into smaller lots. Well we could not find the vacuum bagge...

Me_Again by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes