Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Charlotte Motor Speedway Campground

Has anyone stayed at the campground at the CMS / Zmax dragway lately? Just wondering any pros and cons. Will be going there in June and will be towing my truck with golf cart. Thanks!

Camping Apps/Websites

I put together a document that lists all the IOS apps and websites that I an others use to find campgrounds around the country. I've also included other apps that assist in weather/fuel/wind forecasts.Some of these are not free, but you get what you...

egarant by Explorer III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Quick Fort Wilderness question

I know there are a million threads but I have a specific question. Is there any easier way to search for site availability other than set a date range? We are flexible with dates and want to go this spring but every date range we enter is sold out....

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Vermilion Cliffs

Not exactly sure which forum would be best for my post, but I have to drive a new Dodge Diesel 4x4 truck from Ct. to AZ and as long as I have to make the trip I wanted to see some places I never saw before in the MH. In particular I wanted to see som...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Government Shutdown Quartzsite LTVAs

For those interested, the entry offices at the Quartzsite Long Term Visitor Areas are closed for the shutdown, but the entrances are open, as are the vault toilets, water fill stations & dump station.

vermilye by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Zion -- where to stay in mid April

We are going to Zion for 3 days this spring break. National parks website doesn't take reservations. According to the website, "the campsites are assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis". is it risky to drive all the way from Southern CA to find o...

COE Campgrounds

Does anyone know if the COE campgrounds are still open during gov't shut down? Thanks Tara

Washington/ Oregon Cascade Mountains

Heading Washington and Oregon to the mountains in late May. Rainer, St. Helen, Hood and points in between. Looking for good campgrounds/rv parks, things to see and do in the area. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Where to go in mid April 2019

We are from southern CA. We are looking for advises on places to go in mid April (kid's spring break). Any suggestions? We prefer places that are within 10 hours or less away from Los Angeles.thanks

Hilton Head Marina and RV resort

Has anyone stayed at Hilton Head marina and RV? we have a reservation for the first week of June. We were told they do not reserve sites, this makes me leary as i hate trying to squeeze 39feet of rv into 23 feet of site. Are all teh sites large like ...

1jeep by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

New campground in Pigeon Forge

A new campground is being built in Pigeon Forge and looks like it will open late spring/early summer. Looks to be more upscale with optoons besides RV sites. It is related to River Plantation. The Ridge Outdoor Resort