Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

flordia snow birds heading north

i live in Mt. Airy, NC and travel south on I77 on Monday's. I am only on I77 for 50 miles or so. Today I spotted at least 50 RV's heading north. Most were motor homes. Anyone left in FL??

Bourbon Trail vs Whiskey Trail

Want to spend a week or so camping and checking out a "bourbon trail". Which would you recommend, Kentucky or Tennessee? We don't really know the difference between good vs bad bourbon/whiskey, but think the tour of the trail could be interesting.Whi...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Destin Fl.

We are going to Destin for the 5th time in April. We will be at Henderson Beach State Park for 14 days. We have done Pensacola, both the fort and the Navel museum. We don't need a lot to do but if some of you have any ideas it would be very helpful. ...

Limit4 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

BLM information

I'm not pushing the right buttons----I'm trying to access BLM campground information. The BLM site is vague to me, or I'm missing something. Is there a site that I can gain information about BLM camping? Thanks-----

RV Parks around Moab and Kanab Utah

We are making our final plans to visit southern Utah this September. We will be leaving Maryland the Tuesday after Labor Day and expect to take 6 days getting to Moab. After taking 2-3 days visiting Arches and Canyon Land NPs, we will move aver to K...

Six flags fiesta texas

I am planning trip this summer to six flags fiesta texas. Can anyone make any suggestions on campgrounds close to six flags?

Loop Tourists

A leo with the State of Mich DNR was mentioned to me word has come down from above to start limiting access to the paid camping areas inside Michigan State Parks.I guess the law has been on the books for a while, but never enforced. It's supposedly t...

Planning Smokey Mtn trip

The DW and I are planning a Mid May trip to the Smokey Mtn NP (side trip to Mammoth Cave) etc. Probably a couple of distillery tours.I am a pretty compulsive planner ( a character deficit ) for trips like this. How many days do you think I need to ge...

djnedd by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Service Park Campground COE

Just a quick note on the great people working and volunteering at Service Park Campground, AL. We stopped in on our way home from Florida and were greeted by the nicest gate personnel ever. After they apologized for not having many sites open on that...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Bears and garbage

Hi allWe are taking our first trip to northern Canada and Alaska this year. We plan on doing some boondocking, not sure how much but we want to be prepared. I’ve seen and thought of several different contraptions to deter Yogie and his buddies but no...

Fort Ticonderoga

We are planning a trip to Ticonderoga. Can anyone recommend a good campground near the Fort. Full hookups if possible. We plan to stay 3 days and then head to Maine. ThanksJudi

gradygal by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes