Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Texas Gulf Coast in April

Starting to put together some loose plans for this upcoming April. It's just the two of us; newly retired; wanting a starting taste of an RV lifestyle. We've done a lot of 2 to 3 week trips around the eastern US and some to the Rockies. Now we'll be ...

Tucson KOA - Road Noise

In looking at google maps it appears Benson Highway which borders the KOA is a 4 lane highway. Looking at back in sites that back up to the highway for a 30 day stay. Can anyone give me a realistic idea of how much noise we can expect. Will be doi...

Geobiker by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

WV Help

I am striking out on finding a good place to land for a three day stay in the New River Gorge area. Any suggestions out there? We are coming from Illinois to that area, then headed to Black Water Falls SP for a couple days prior to heading to the Her...

WrightOn by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping reservations made for the season

Last night my lovey and I made reservations at 8 different national forest campgrounds. So far this is two trips per month through July. All made through Recreation.gov and Reserve America. Both were flawless.I work part-time my *week* is Friday thro...

FL Options/Opportunities

I have never done the snowbird thing... 30 years on Active Duty pretty much made that impossible. I have begun looking around at options for winters in FL (not for this year). I found that sites are not always available due to high demand and RV ...

Sox_Fan by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Video TR: Kanab (UT) & Best Friends Animal Sanctuary

At the end of November we made a quick stop in the Kanab area en route back to Salt Lake City from Lake Powell (https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29511256.cfm).We boondocked right off Hancock Road north of town, which is a terr...

RV Storage near Seattle

We will be traveling to Seattle, WA from Minnesota, in September 2018, and are looking for a place to keep our 39 ft Class A, while we are staying downtown at a hotel, to attend a work conference. We will not be spending the night in the RV for about...

Kingpin3 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Blowing Rock, Boone and Bryson City CG

DW and I are thinking of heading to Blowing Rock, Boone and the Bryson City area with our 30 ft TT. I’ve looked at RvParkReviews.com for some ideas but was wondering if anybody has any input. FHU is a plus but not necessary, SP and COE CG are also go...

Boondocking in Gulf Shores, AL

I have a sister who lives in Orange Beach, AL. I'd like to drag my trailer down there for a week or so. Does anyone have any information on boondocking in the area?Thanks.

What rights do campers have in regards to reservations.

We have been spending the last eight years on the Parker Strip in Arizona for the month of March. We meet with about seven other friends every year. The people who are in our spot always leave at the end of Feb. My wife got a call from the RV Park to...

Outer Banks

We stayed here a couple years ago (3 to be exact). Beach, lighthouse, aquarium (rain day). Was there for just a few days before heading west to Asheville. If one is to stay in the Banks for a week (give or take), what else is there to do within reaso...

ACZL by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Crazy Yellowstone

My Dad and stepmom just told me last weekend they wanted to go to Colorado and up to Yellowstone this year in mid Aug and wants me to drive, so I got on the line to see if there was some rooms at Old Faithful Inn......yeh not till 2020.... I can get ...

please help

Wife and i would like to head to Bar Harbor maine but not sure we want to be gone 5 weeks. we did this a couple years ago to key west fl. so my question is some place little closer. we love to eat sea food and little sight seeing.

machunt by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Northern California rv site

We are in the early stages of planning a back pack trip along the Lost Coast trail in Northern California and hope to have our 24 foot fifth wheel along with us for my wife to stay in while our son and I do the hike.Any suggestions as to where we mig...

South Bass Island vs Kelley's Island

All-Curious if any of you have camped at South Bass Island SP or Kelley's Island SP. We are planning on visiting during the July 4th holiday. We have two kids, 13 and 9 and we like to bike and kayak. Which state park is nicer in your opinion? We ...

bgradert by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes